PDA

View Full Version : Nice Display in Brissy

biotechy2k
27th November 2005, 10:44 PM
Hi Guys
Finaly got most of the house unpacked in the new place and took the kids up to the local library up the road in Chermside in Brissy
If any woodies on the list are in Brisbane there is a very nice display of some lovely turned pieces (Mostly Aussie Natives) including some wooden beads made into chunky type jewlery. but bowls and plates
in the foyer of the Chermside Library and the types of wood are written on gum leaves in place

Some of the work is nice its behind a locked case but the pieces are really well done and the grain is really shown off in some of the pieces so
if you are interested and are in the area the Library opens at 9am most mornings (except Sundays) and closes around 6pm except Sat when they close at 3pm

beiffe
28th November 2005, 08:52 AM
That would be right wait to I go to the other side of the world and then have a display at my back door. Suppose it will be gone when I get home.Is there a date when it will be replaced.

biotechy2k
5th December 2005, 12:07 AM
Sorry mate have been flat out and off line for the past 6 days
Tell you what I'll give them a bell 2moro and see how long the display will be up there
some of the wood is just beautiful such a luster to it
and the the pieces are all quite simple but really its the wood that makes the pieces
I'll PM you when I find out how long it will be up
Sorry I didn't get to your reply
Cheers Lou