PDA

View Full Version : How did you find the U-Beaut Forums?

craigb
14th December 2005, 08:44 PM
I suspect that I know what the majority answer will be, but as we haven't had a poll for a while, how did you find out about the WW Forums?

For me, Google was my friend. :)

Ivan in Oz
14th December 2005, 08:52 PM
Struth, Ruth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too Long ago,
I've got NO idea..........................Gimme a Hint;
What was the question:confused: ;)

Surfin I guess.

Gra
14th December 2005, 09:28 PM
Hanging ten, surfing around and google was my friend... Now spend way too much time making stupid comments and learing from the gurus

Gumby
14th December 2005, 09:37 PM
I just had an infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of typewriters typing randomly, and one of them came up with www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au
I'm still waiting for War and Peace. (hurry up Zed) ;)

echnidna
14th December 2005, 09:50 PM
is THAT the url to this forum.
Gosh what will they think of next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wood Butcher
14th December 2005, 09:52 PM
Was doing a google search for cyclone dust extractors and found Wayne davy's post. Been hopelessly addicted since!!

DanP
14th December 2005, 09:56 PM
Google...

E. maculata
14th December 2005, 10:19 PM
None of you bugga's ever answered my initial query either:rolleyes: still waiting for someone to point me in the right direction:o .... doesn't matter got the machine fixed anyway.
By the way is it too late to introduce myself:D .

zenwood
14th December 2005, 10:25 PM
Stumbled on it while surfin'. Then retroactively remembered seeing those hats at the previous WW show, and wondering !?

And now it's a home away from home. I'm soo happyy I could cry!!! http://www.ubeaut.biz/crying.gif

Driver
14th December 2005, 10:38 PM
I was peacefully minding my own business. Woodwork and tools were, jointly and severally, the furthest things from my thoughts.

Suddenly! Nothing happened! There was a pause.

It lengthened.

Gradually I became aware of a strange tearing, rending, ripping sort of vibrationary noise thing. The wall shimmered. I stepped towards it and found myself sitting at a computer, writing about my experiences on a vessel that sproradically and intermittently became either an 18th century man o' war or an intergalactic battlecruiser.

In order to distract myself from the odd things that took place amongst the crew of this craft, I found these forums (fora!). Oddly enough, the members of said forums are every bit as odd as (perhaps more odd than ) Lt Commander Roger (VC and Bar), Seaman Staines, Leading Artificer Groans, Chief Droid Techo Halfrit Sponcracker and their shipmates. Although, thankfully, none of the members of these forums is quite as odd as :eek: :

THE MOTHER FARCQUAR!:eek: :eek:

echnidna
14th December 2005, 10:40 PM
None of you bugga's ever answered my initial query either:rolleyes: still waiting for someone to point me in the right direction:o .... doesn't matter got the machine fixed anyway.
By the way is it too late to introduce myself:D .

Gooday Bruce.
Welcome to the forum.:)
Got no idea where to get the bits from ;)

So you have at last got a reply to your first post:D :D :D

dan_tom
14th December 2005, 10:49 PM
Namtrak told me about it! Thanks Mick.:)

Cheers
Dan

(then I mistakenly told my hubbie Tom about it and that's how it all started)

Kev Y.
14th December 2005, 10:50 PM
I found this site before GOOGLE was my friend, I yahoo'd and it responded:rolleyes:

How could I have survived with out this place?

silentC
14th December 2005, 10:51 PM
My intro is not covered in the poll, although the foily one might pass for an excuse. I got the link from the Triton newsletter. I've still got a Triton... somewhere....

Driver
14th December 2005, 11:06 PM
My intro is not covered in the poll, although the foily one might pass for an excuse. I got the link from the Triton newsletter. I've still got a Triton... somewhere....

I was going to say that .... but I was too embarrassed :o :o :o :o :o

doug the slug
14th December 2005, 11:15 PM

I found it when searching for triton too, but to a link into the forum's triton section, didnt follow a link from the triton site

Cliff Rogers
14th December 2005, 11:24 PM
Neil's book & I found it at the Ubeaut stand at a WWW show in Brisbane several years ago.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
15th December 2005, 12:19 AM
Not the first three... which leaves da foily.

But would the PTBs bring my attention to a forum which raises the very question of their existence? I wouldn't normally think so, but for some strange reason I keep finding myself irresistably drawn back... :eek:

JohnM
15th December 2005, 12:30 AM
It doesn't matter about finding it, I need some way to lose it so I can get some things done about the place.:D :D

MurrayD99
15th December 2005, 07:12 AM
Carbatec Auckland suggested I check it out when I was shopping for a buzzer. Been hanging around ever since.

Gingermick
15th December 2005, 07:50 AM
Rescued from rec.crafts.woodturning by a member of this board.

namtrak
15th December 2005, 08:29 AM
I found it scrawled on a wall in the public toilets at the Town Hall railway station in Sydney.

For a good time visit www.woodw..... etc, I was going to go home and get on the net straight away but I had to wait until 8pm cause there was another scrawl saying that "Violet will be giving h***** at 8pm ......". She never did turn up though?

Grunt
15th December 2005, 09:02 AM
I googled for "Bunch of Wankas" and was brought straight here.

bennylaird
15th December 2005, 09:09 AM
And found your home Grunt? lol

Barry_White
15th December 2005, 09:25 AM
Mine came through Triton to the Holmsglen wooodwork club and I think a link from there to Ubeaut and been hooked ever since.

Iain
15th December 2005, 09:28 AM
phoned me at home and toldI would be deleted if I didn't join:rolleyes:

craigb
15th December 2005, 09:48 AM
I googled for "Bunch of Wankas" and was brought straight here.

Did you click "I'm feeling lucky" ?

Christopha
15th December 2005, 10:15 AM
Woodwork?? Forum??? I came for the argument!

Iain
15th December 2005, 10:18 AM
No you didn't...

sbranden
15th December 2005, 10:38 AM
I was looking to buy a Triton, and was searching around doing some research. I ended up buying one off the classifieds here from TonySA. It is still more accurate than me, so no need to upgrade just yet, but I am putting money asside for the next woodworking show, and my neighbours would appreciate an induction based table saw. So you never know.

It is amazing how often google searches come up with links back here. This really is a na amazing resource and I hope the admin types recover their costs with extra sales, and Google adsense income.

shaun

bennylaird
15th December 2005, 10:48 AM
Yes I did, I just paid for it.

Waldo
15th December 2005, 10:58 AM
G'day,

Looking for a 9" Dawn vise.

My mind isn't so sharp today as Gumby's response, must the the too-much work-to-do and baby-kinda-thing.

Bugger!

My brain is

slowing right down,

need a break in the shed

for a couple of hours.

(the joys of working for yourself! haha!)

Christopha
15th December 2005, 11:04 AM
No you didn't...

Yes I did!

Blackers
15th December 2005, 12:02 PM
I can by way of a tpyo....whilst searching for fine woodworking......came here instead..asked a few dumb questions.....got back wittier replies....must be a glutton for punishment I suppose.

Cliff Rogers
15th December 2005, 01:43 PM
....My brain is ... slowing right down,.....

Try not to think about it. ;)

MurrayD99
15th December 2005, 02:01 PM
I can by way of a tpyo....whilst searching for fine woodworking......came here instead...

Uh-huh.... "fine" = "ubeaut".... that makes sense. Wonder if the editor of FWW has thought of that. Just kidding Blackers.... couldn't resist.

bennylaird
15th December 2005, 02:04 PM
I was attracted by Cliffies Twins..................

Cliff Rogers
15th December 2005, 09:57 PM
What you talking about Willis? :cool:

E. maculata
15th December 2005, 10:15 PM
Gooday Bruce.
Welcome to the forum.:)
Got no idea where to get the bits from ;)

So you have at last got a reply to your first post:D :D :D

Ta Bob, we're now well met:)
actually seeing as I was here anyway 'twas Stoppas' argumentative personality that kept me here & here I reside.

outback
16th December 2005, 01:55 PM
How did you find the U-Beaut Forums?

I found them to be a nice quite we.ll mannered group of people.

Do I get a free set of steak knives now?

savage
16th December 2005, 03:39 PM
Dog Pile!....top search engine.:) like the name too!..:D

fred.n
17th April 2006, 08:48 PM
Google looking for woodworking "stuff":) :)