PDA

View Full Version : Style

Rebus
13th January 2006, 05:24 PM
Greetings,

Check out this ebay ad. for an "industrial quality" lathe :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-WOOD-LATHE-IDEAL-FOR-STYLING-WOOD_W0QQitemZ4433034366QQcategoryZ632QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

No need to bid against each other, he seems to have a truck load.

I recall seeing a lathe almost identical to this one (with a GMC lable) in Bunnings a couple of years ago. It had a piece of wood in place ready for spindle turning. However, someone had wound up the screw on the tailstock. The tailstock and the headstock were at an angle of about 10 degrees to each other as the frame had bent.

Regards,

Ivan in Oz
13th January 2006, 05:50 PM
AFAIC

As far as I'm Concerned,
They make their profit on the "Postage and HANDLING":rolleyes:

Anything else for them is CREAM:(

sbyrne
13th January 2006, 08:32 PM
Looks like a smaller version of my Dyno. It needs to be bolted down to the bench to give it some stiffness.

hughie
16th January 2006, 12:39 AM
Rebus

"The tail stock and the headstock were at an angle of about 10 degrees to each other as the frame had bent."

Seems you have answered your own qusetion...if its too good to be true, it usually is

caveat emptor my Friend
hughie

La truciolara
16th January 2006, 05:57 AM
It is a very special lathe.
you put your blank on it and do marvellous spiralling (not with the wood but with the lathe itself) :) <O:p</O:p

ribot
16th January 2006, 04:37 PM
Hmmm, you could throw the lathe to the shistenhouse and keep the four jaw chuck.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
16th January 2006, 04:45 PM
I have one o' them in my shop. 'Twas given to me when I first started turning, to "complement" my mini-lathe, ... and about a fortnight later I went out and bought an MC-900 to replace it.

However, I've a non-turning friend who bought two, bolted 'em together and made a very nice four-poster bed. I guess ignorance really can be bliss. :D

CanFly
17th January 2006, 07:04 AM
It probably has more value as scrap metal!