PDA

View Full Version : hello from uk

michaelcaine
27th January 2006, 03:03 AM
just joined and thought id say hi,
how is the cabinet making busness in the usa,here in england i think its slowly disappearing,most firms are just employing assembliers,true cabinet makers are not needed.i used to make high end copies of 18th century furniture,this i did right from the drawing to scale stage through to french polishing and ageing,i also restore antique furniture.the copies i made i sold through christies auction rooms in london.they were also made using the same methods of construction used in the 18th century,i have a broad knowledge of 18th century furniture construction and also finishing used then.am i and my skills

hcbph
28th January 2006, 08:13 AM
Mike

Welcome

Post some pictures sometime. Love to see some of your work.

Paul

philly
13th March 2006, 09:39 AM
how is the cabinet making busness in the usa,here in england i think its slowly disappearing,most firms are just employing assembliers,true cabinet makers are not needed.i used to make high end copies of 18th century furniture,this i did right from the drawing to scale stage through to french polishing and ageing,i also restore antique furniture.the copies i made i sold through christies auction rooms in london.they were also made using the same methods of construction used in the 18th century,i have a broad knowledge of 18th century furniture construction and also finishing used then.am i and my skills

Did you ever "blow the bladdy doors off?" :-)

rsser
13th March 2006, 06:02 PM
Ah, this is a woodturning forum, hosted and mostly posted in Australia.