PDA

View Full Version : Table Saw Insert Plate too low

Rookie
28th January 2006, 05:03 PM
Hi

I bought a H&F 2325 a while back and today ws the first time I have done anything requiring some precision. When I was adjusting my blade height I noticed that the insert plate was about 1mm lower than the table

I need an idea on how to build it up. I guess whatever I use needs to be pretty solid.

Any ideas, or anyone solved the problem before? I can't find anything on the site that mentions it.

Tex B
28th January 2006, 05:12 PM
I'd recommend making zero clearance inserts, which you can plane to the exact height. Most inserts that come with table saws have little set screws that can adjust the insert height, but I'm not familiar with the HF.

Search this forum for zero clearance inserts, or go to the library and check out the Table Saw book, which I found very useful.

Tex

Gumby
28th January 2006, 05:26 PM
I agree with Tex. make a set of inserts yourself, with varying slot lenghts to suit different blade heights. Pretty easy to do by using the one that came with the saw as a template.

There should be small height adjustment feet as tex said too. They simply screw in and out.

mag
28th January 2006, 05:35 PM
Rookie,

It may not be as high tec as adjustable feet, but I just make the ZC insert slightly undersize and layer masking tape to bring it up to height.

Have done this with a number of inserts without any problem.

Rookie
28th January 2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the responses. There isn't any adjustment screws (knew I should got the 10HB :rolleyes: ), so I'll build it up a bit with masking tape, because I'll need the supplied one when doing anything other than 90 degrees. Then I'll make up some zero clearance inserts as well to match that level.

Thanks for the help

Justin
28th January 2006, 08:06 PM
Masking tape might compress over time. You could also try mixing up a bit of plasti-bond (available from bunnings), apply it to the bearing surfaces on your insert, then sand it so it fits to your satisfaction.

Justin.

Rookie
28th January 2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks Justin. Good tip

redwood
28th January 2006, 08:10 PM
Go to the $2 shop and buy a plastic resin breadboard and cut and fit to size. works a treat and not to mention cheap:D :D

rocabig
30th January 2006, 07:40 PM
put a thin coating of vasaline on the lugs on your saw table then put some car bog on your insert where it sits on the lugs then before the bog sets put your insert in and press down until it sits flush with the table. allow the bog to dry then remove the insert the bog should stick to the insert and should should sit level every time

Richard

hcbph
31st January 2006, 02:33 AM
If you need to raise an insert and it doesn't get removed all the time, try using a little 'hot melt glue' under it. Just put a little under the ears in the table it sits on and push the insert down on it till it's level, then fasten as normal. I've done that before and it's worked well for me. If also peels off easy when you don't need it.

Paul