PDA

View Full Version : Fair Payment

Badger
8th December 2001, 09:04 PM
Had an interesting experience this week. I’d modified some machinery parts as a favour for one of the locals and, as we were chatting afterwards, he said casually, “You do a bit of turning, don’t you?”

I told him I did and he disappeared into a back shed and came out with this block of timber about twelve inches diameter by about the same length which he handed over with the comment – “See if you can make use of this.”

There was hardly a check in it – nice and light and that dirty brown colour that Huon pine goes after many years. Turning it over I noticed the other end was covered with little circles – He’d been using this wonderful lump of Huon as a wad punch anvil for the past twenty years!!

I mumbled my thanks and almost ran to the car to deposit it in the boot before he changed his mind. Once it was safe and sound I went back to thank him properly. Now I have to decide what to do with it.
http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Badger - A gruff short tempered animal that sleeps most of the winter

cliff cook
9th December 2001, 11:42 PM
Glad to see that doing a good turn is still rewarded (even though it will never happen to me)haha. At least there are some people who still don`t know a good piece of wood if it bit them ,the only problem is i don`t know any of them.
cooky