PDA

View Full Version : Beginner -looking for spindle

djolsen
8th January 2002, 04:51 PM
Hi all, I am a beginner to woodturning, having obtained a lathe second hand for next to nothing. It is a simple design (ideally suited to me at this stage. It is a Dynalink model 190-93-01000. There is no spindle or drive centre, just a faceplate. I have no idea what I need to get to fit a drive centre. I suspect I need a #2 Morse spindle and a suitable drive centre, but is the thread where the spindle would fit, a standard thread? Any advice would be helpful, as I have not been able to find anyone here in Townsville who can help. Cheers

Kev Y.
11th January 2002, 04:57 PM
Hi There, Like yourself I am new to wood turning, AND I also have a dynalink lathe.

My lathe came with a drive centre and a plate, the centre screws onto the spindle which can also take the plate.

I am not sure HOW you could go about finding a replacement drive centre. I am assuming that any good wodturning supplier should be able to help you. I suggest you take the plate into an engineering workshop and have them measure the thread for you. THEN you can reliable order a replacement or even a chuck witht the correct thread.

Richard Casey
11th January 2002, 09:52 PM
Hi DJ, drop us contact details we should be able to help [email protected]

arose62
23rd February 2008, 08:13 PM
Hi DJ,

I had a Dynalink for a while.

On mine, I had to remove the screws holding the cover on behind the faceplate, and that let me unscrew the faceplate.
It had a standard 2 Morse Taper.

Centres are available from Hare and Forbes, CarbaTec, Timbecon and others.

Morse Taper attachments just push in (a sharp whack, not a slow and gentle push).

Cheers,
Andrew

Skew ChiDAMN!!
23rd February 2008, 08:40 PM
You going for the title of "Oldest Resurrected Thread?" :U

joe greiner
23rd February 2008, 11:28 PM
I guess I'm partly to blame. http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=67410

Joe