PDA

View Full Version : To Moderator(s)

darley56
11th February 2006, 09:56 AM
I think we missing some posts here should have 2 pages not 1, can you rectified the problem please as other members would like to see all posts,

Thank you

JDarvall
11th February 2006, 10:54 AM
My thread has also disappeared. And it wasn't a cheeky one, so I don't see why it should have been chopped out.

Called.....'how would you fix this ?' .....I was asking for advice on fixing a plane part.

I sent an e-mail as well to the administrator without reply.....

More concerned, as to whether or not the problems origionating from my computer, since its been giving me much trouble.

Has this thread been axed or what ?

Wood Butcher
11th February 2006, 11:18 AM
Darley, I just had a look and there was 4 pages of threads in the Pen Turning forum, 92 threads in all
Apricot, Your post (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=28115) was still there in the Metalwork Forum as of 10:15 this morning.

darley56
11th February 2006, 11:50 AM
Darley, I just had a look and there was 4 pages of threads in the Pen Turning forum, 92 threads in all

Really!! 4 pages, so why we see only one ?? what about the 3 pages missing ?? what about the newbies or not so newbies who want learn or perfect themself in penturning and can't go to read all threads?? how do you expect they ( newbies or not ) learn something when this thread is cut out ?? any answres Mr or Mr Niel ?? Thank you

Wood Butcher
11th February 2006, 12:03 PM
Wierd, I just logged out and had a look and yes there was only 1 page of thread (but it still said that there is 92 thread??). Give and Neil a chance to log on and have a look. I'm sure that they'll let you know when something happens!

Groggy
11th February 2006, 12:04 PM
Really!! 4 pages, so why we see only one ?? what about the 3 pages missing ?? what about the newbies or not so newbies who want learn or perfect themself in penturning and can't go to read all threads?? how do you expect they ( newbies or not ) learn something when this thread is cut out ?? any answres Mr or Mr Niel ?? Thank youdarley, I can see four pages of posts. Have you clicked on the Page 1 (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=69&order=desc) 2 (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=69&page=2&order=desc) 3 (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=69&page=3&order=desc) 4 (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=69&page=4&order=desc) link at the top right or bottom right of the list?

Only one page listing about 30 threads is displayed at a time, you need to click on the page numbers to move to the next.

I hope this is not telling you to suck eggs, it isn't the intent.

DavidG
11th February 2006, 12:05 PM
If you scroll down below the threads you will find a section called Display options.
To the left, below the Sorted By you will notice a box labeled
"From the" with last week showing (?default?)
Change it to 'Beginning' , Select show threads and all will be revealed.;)

Wood Butcher
11th February 2006, 12:46 PM
If you scroll down below the threads you will find a section called Display options.
To the left, below the Sorted By you will notice a box labeled
"From the" with last week showing (?default?)
Change it to 'Beginning' , Select show threads and all will be revealed.;)

Also try checking your User CP Options. Under 'Thread Display Options' there is also an option for 'Default Thread Age Cut Off'. Make sure that is set on "Show all Threads" and all will be revealed. :p

ss_11000
11th February 2006, 02:29 PM
Also try checking your User CP Options. Under 'Thread Display Options' there is also an option for 'Default Thread Age Cut Off'. Make sure that is set on "Show all Threads" and all will be revealed. :p

thanx for the tip.

RETIRED
11th February 2006, 04:47 PM
Thanks Wood Butcher.:)

outback
11th February 2006, 04:50 PM
Sounds like woodbutcher is the teachers pet. Lets gettim'. :D

RufflyRustic
11th February 2006, 05:21 PM
Like the Axeman Cometh, so too does the Wood Butcher... beware his cleaver!!! ;)

cheers
RufflyRustic

ozwinner
11th February 2006, 06:00 PM
Like the Axeman Cometh, so too does the Wood Butcher... beware his cleaver!!! ;)

cheers
RufflyRustic

He might get cleaver, but I get beaver. :p

Sorry , you can take the boy out of the bush, but ya cant get milk from chickens. :confused:

Or something like that.

Al :p

Wood Butcher
11th February 2006, 07:08 PM
Jeez, I was just trying to help ??? :confused::o

Groggy
11th February 2006, 07:34 PM
wanna buy some rocks? :):):)

ozwinner
11th February 2006, 08:32 PM
Jeez, I was just trying to help ??? :confused::o

Ok, it came across wrong.
I was trying to be funny..

Al :p

darley56
13th February 2006, 07:39 PM
Thanks for your help but still see only 1 page to the pen turning thread and only Moderators can change this on the program ( or software ) all the rest of the site is working very well only this one ????

Beside look at this statement

13th February 2006 ubeaut (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/member.php?u=166) (ANSWERABLE TO NONE)

So far I see that is all of you guys keeping this site a live, never have a real answer from , Thank you very much, all guys here are great keep them.

DavidG
13th February 2006, 08:47 PM
darley56
Go to the bottom of the listing of pen turning and see if you have something like the pix. Select Beginning then show threads.

You also can change your default in your user cp

Ashore
13th February 2006, 10:30 PM

cheers
RufflyRustic
His aint that clever, he let them make him a moderator, now his to blame if anythink goes wrong:D :D :D

RETIRED
13th February 2006, 11:57 PM
Thanks for your help but still see only 1 page to the pen turning thread and only Moderators can change this on the program ( or software ) all the rest of the site is working very well only this one ????

Beside look at this statement

13th February 2006 ="http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/member.php?u=166"]ubeaut (ANSWERABLE TO NONE)
So far I see that is all of you guys keeping this site a live, never have a real answer from , Thank you very much, all guys here are great keep them.I think my friend that you had better read Ubeauts and my posts before putting feet in mouth. Half our board time is taken up by fixing members problems. You may not see it because a lot is by PM or email.

The problem seems to be at your end. Wood Butcher has given you the answer and when a question is answered I don't bother adding to the clutter.

ubeaut
14th February 2006, 12:13 AM
darley56 - Most of the work done by admin is keeping these forums running and done where and when not seen by the members.

I only have a chance to get to the forums an hour or so a day (if that) at the moment and it is impossible to see all the new posts, even if you have many hours it is hard.

You were given the answer to your problem by Wood Butcher (one of our moderators) had you taken his advice then you would have fixed the problem almost instantly. Then again today by DavidG.

The problem was of your doing not the administrators or moderators.

Apricotripper - As Wood Butcher said, your post hasn't gone anywhere, maybe you just misplaced it. How did you contact the administrators? I certainly haven't had an email from you otherwise it would have been answered. To my knowledge neither has or you would have received an answer from him to.

I'm getting a bit sick of people on these forums having a go at the Admin and moderators. You have no idea what goes into keeping this lot running. There is no sense in an administrator coming onto the board to rectify a problem that has already been sorted out by a member or moderator.

Neil

ubeaut
14th February 2006, 12:17 AM
Damn - You stole my thunder. You see darley56 there is 20 odd minutes wasted answering your and apricot's posts. Could have been doing better things with my time. Like sleeping.

DavidG
14th February 2006, 08:59 AM
ubeaut

Could have been doing better things with my time. Like sleeping.Gees! I would have thought you could have something better to do than sleeping. Like fishing.:rolleyes: :p

ubeaut
14th February 2006, 11:44 AM
Not at 1am - for that matter not ever.

Yawally
19th February 2006, 11:53 PM
Our dear administrators we do appreciate your time and efforts...keep up the good work. This forum is the best around and fulfills a great service for all woodies...especially newbies, the wealth of info is priceless and I for one want to thank everyone who works hard to keep this forum going.