PDA

View Full Version : Autosketch (Ebay Question)

Woody1
24th February 2006, 04:32 PM
Ladies and Gents

After doing a considerable searching on this Forum,I found a host of information about Design Software for cabinets etc(many thanks to all the forum members who have contributed all there valuable knowledge).

I came to the conclusion I wish to purchase Autosketch9.

I then started checking around for prices and it roughly sells for about 200-220 dollars in Aussie

I then looked at Ebay and was amazed that the price was about 65 Australian dollars all up including freight and sais it's brand new.There are a number of them at the same place by the looks of it.

My question is. Am I missing something here? Is there some hidden tax I have to pay when it lands in Australia?

This is my first time to use Ebay so any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Woody

ozwinner
24th February 2006, 05:45 PM
Ladies and Gents

After doing a considerable searching on this Forum,I found a host of information about Design Software for cabinets etc(many thanks to all the forum members who have contributed all there valuable knowledge).

I came to the conclusion I wish to purchase Autosketch9.

I then started checking around for prices and it roughly sells for about 200-220 dollars in Aussie

I then looked at Ebay and was amazed that the price was about 65 Australian dollars all up including freight and sais it's brand new.There are a number of them at the same place by the looks of it.

My question is. Am I missing something here? Is there some hidden tax I have to pay when it lands in Australia?

This is my first time to use Ebay so any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Woody

The ato dont collect GST if the item is under $500, its not worth the effort.

Al :)

ThePope
24th February 2006, 09:21 PM
Customs (http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=5549) don't seem to have any interest unless the value is greater than $1000

Woody1
24th February 2006, 09:36 PM
The ato dont collect GST if the item is under $500, its not worth the effort.

Al :)

Many Thanks Ozwinner:)

Woody1
24th February 2006, 09:53 PM
The Pope
Thank You :)

Ian007
24th February 2006, 09:54 PM
Do I hear $1500

We wish:D:D:D:D

Rocker
24th February 2006, 10:11 PM
Woody,

You also need to ensure that the Autosketch version you buy is compatible with your operating system. Earlier versions of Autosketch will not work with XP, and you may find that Version 9 may not work with older operating systems.

Rocker

Woody1
24th February 2006, 10:43 PM
Thanks Rocker

la Huerta
25th February 2006, 08:06 AM
ebay is great, but use your instinct, if it's going to travel half way around the world to get to you is it worth it, if it turns up broken who's going to fix it , not the seller that's for sure... stick to local sales on ebay and buy only from those with high reputation and good return policy for that sort of product....happy bidding...

have a nice day:)

Woody1
25th February 2006, 10:07 AM
ebay is great, but use your instinct, if it's going to travel half way around the world to get to you is it worth it, if it turns up broken who's going to fix it , not the seller that's for sure... stick to local sales on ebay and buy only from those with high reputation and good return policy for that sort of product....happy bidding...

Heurta
Thanks mate,very valid points I will take all that on board.:)

Regards
Woody

have a nice day:)