PDA

View Full Version : would you eat this sandwhich

ss_11000
2nd March 2006, 03:35 PM
would you ever eat a sandwhich with all of the following on it.

peanut butter
vegemite
mayonaise
bbq sauce

i asked people at skool and they thought i was weird:confused:

its one of those things that sound distgusting:D but taste pretty good:eek:

woodbe
2nd March 2006, 03:48 PM
I have more respect for my body than to fill it up with a combination of excessive salt, fat, preservatives and artificial flavourings. You might as well eat MacDonalds...

AlexS
2nd March 2006, 05:04 PM
Breakfast of champions son, how do you think I got a body like this?

Wood Borer
2nd March 2006, 05:08 PM
Depends how hungry and desperate I was at the time.

I certainly wouldn't make such a sandwich.

AlexS
2nd March 2006, 05:19 PM
Fair enough WB, we know you're not too keen on bread. How about if you wrapped it in a pancake?

Sir Stinkalot
2nd March 2006, 06:25 PM
Who cares? .......

Auld Bassoon
2nd March 2006, 06:27 PM
Where was the option that would have read "No, not now, not ever - are you completely mad" :D

echnidna
2nd March 2006, 06:28 PM
it needs a banana on it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Termite
2nd March 2006, 06:51 PM
it needs a banana on it too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peanut butter and banana is nice, but peanut butter and beetroot is better.:D

oges
2nd March 2006, 07:33 PM
if i had been drinking the entire day maybe, but never have 1 & 3 in the house so its very unlikely to happen, certainly not on purpose

BrisBen
2nd March 2006, 07:55 PM
Before I respond to the poll I require further detail

1. What type of bread is this on: Turkish, Sourdough, Wonderwhite, Cobb, wholegrain, rye, multigrain, ciabatta, panini, maybe focaccia even

2. Vegemite is taken as given, but at what level of application and in what order of the assembly of the so-called sandwich: directly to the substrate (refer above for examples of substrate), to both opposing sides of the substrate or after one of the mentioned spreads has been added.

3. Mayonnaise. These days supermarket shelves are stocked with a variety of products claiming to be mayonnaise, from low fat to whole egg, each have a character of their own and is the case with timber, one man's trash could be another man's treasure. Further verification of this type of spread is also required given the nature of the generic term.

4. As with Mayonnaise; peanut butter, sometimes referred to as peanut paste, has many and varied incarnations, not to mention preferences of brand.

5. BBQ Sauce. Please refer to points 3 and 4 to establish the difficulty in ascertaining true and correct statistical data by using generic terms.

So Stirlo mate, although your endeavor to gather statistical data on the epicurian habits of board members is admirable, for any reasearch to be valid, strict controls need to be applied to avoid skewing results in a direction that may benefit the researcher.

;) ;) ;) :D

Driver
2nd March 2006, 07:56 PM
To paraphrase Dorothy Parker:-

That is a sandwich not to be lightly cast aside. It should be hurled - with great force.

echnidna
2nd March 2006, 07:58 PM
Just face facts Stirlo

YOU ARE WEIRD

but so are the rest of us:D

thatrs why we use this forum:p

ss_11000
2nd March 2006, 08:02 PM
Before I respond to the poll I require further detail

1. What type of bread is this on: Turkish, Sourdough, Wonderwhite, Cobb, wholegrain, rye, multigrain, ciabatta, panini, maybe focaccia even it doesn't matter

2. Vegemite is taken as given, but at what level of application and in what order of the assembly of the so-called sandwich: directly to the substrate (refer above for examples of substrate), to both opposing sides of the substrate or after one of the mentioned spreads has been added. once again , it doesn't matter

3. Mayonnaise. These days supermarket shelves are stocked with a variety of products claiming to be mayonnaise, from low fat to whole egg, each have a character of their own and is the case with timber, one man's trash could be another man's treasure. Further verification of this type of spread is also required given the nature of the generic term.lemon and cracked pepper mayo works best

4. As with Mayonnaise; peanut butter, sometimes referred to as peanut paste, has many and varied incarnations, not to mention preferences of brand. the one aldi sells, or just use kraft

5. BBQ Sauce. Please refer to points 3 and 4 to establish the difficulty in ascertaining true and correct statistical data by using generic terms.

So Stirlo mate, although your endeavor to gather statistical data on the epicurian habits of board members is admirable, for any reasearch to be valid, strict controls need to be applied to avoid skewing results in a direction that may benefit the researcher. a fair test(i learnt about them in science last year)

;) ;) ;) :D

can you vote yet?:D

Driver
2nd March 2006, 08:02 PM
Just face facts Stirlo

YOU ARE WEIRD

but so are the rest of us:D

The kid fits in quite well, doesn't he? If he's like this at 13, Gawd knows what he's going to turn out like. :rolleyes: ;)

ss_11000
2nd March 2006, 08:04 PM
Just face facts Stirlo do i have to:D

YOU ARE WEIRD oh well

but so are the rest of us:D yay, i'm not the only one

:D :D :D :p :p :D :D :D

echnidna
2nd March 2006, 08:04 PM
The kid fits in quite well, doesn't he? If he's like this at 13, Gawd knows what he's going to turn out like. :rolleyes: ;)

... he could end up as a bricky:rolleyes:

ss_11000
2nd March 2006, 08:05 PM

hopefully something good:)

ss_11000
2nd March 2006, 08:07 PM

na. i've seen brickies working and it looks to hard and it involves standing for long periods in the sun, and i don't like putting on sunscreen (although i do cos i like cream more than sun burn :D )

Driver
2nd March 2006, 08:07 PM

So Stirlo - how do you feel about bricklaying as a career? And while you're at it, give us your considered opinion of goats. This is important, trust me on this.

echnidna
2nd March 2006, 08:09 PM
they make real good money
y'know the stuff that lets yer buy all yer toys

ss_11000
2nd March 2006, 08:15 PM
So Stirlo - how do you feel about bricklaying as a career? And while you're at it, give us your considered opinion of goats. This is important, trust me on this.

i was thinking something to do with coaching, sports, physio and all that kind of stuff

Gra
2nd March 2006, 08:23 PM
I believe there is a certain craporium for sale, maybee he wants to go into sales

Harry72
3rd March 2006, 08:45 AM
Peanut butter and banana is nice, but peanut butter and beetroot is better.:D
Yup agree with that... I like it like this
A Nutty chicken wrap:D
Tortilla bread(or simular)spread with Peanut butter, add some chicken breast and a bacon strip, beetroot, finely sliced red onion, cos lettuce, egg mayo, some nice shreaded cheese(colby myself)and a touch of Parmesan... salt'n'pepper to taste!
Yummo:cool: and shhhh its quite heathly!:eek:

Wood Borer
3rd March 2006, 09:17 AM
Fair enough WB, we know you're not too keen on bread. How about if you wrapped it in a pancake?

Now you are talking Alex:D

zenwood
3rd March 2006, 09:40 AM
I'll try anything once.

A favourite of mine is a cheese and jam sandwich, yum!

ss_11000
3rd March 2006, 05:24 PM
I'll try anything once.

A favourite of mine is a cheese and jam sandwich, yum!

i'll try it, it does sound yum:D

if i like it i'll send you a greenie

ele__13
4th March 2006, 12:32 AM
Yup agree with that... I like it like this
A Nutty chicken wrap:D
Tortilla bread(or simular)spread with Peanut butter, add some chicken breast and a bacon strip, beetroot, finely sliced red onion, cos lettuce, egg mayo, some nice shreaded cheese(colby myself)and a touch of Parmesan... salt'n'pepper to taste!
Yummo:cool: and shhhh its quite heathly!:eek:

Ill have what he 's having YUMMMOOO sept for the bacon is divine cya jules

mudgutts
5th March 2006, 01:25 PM
Try honey and vegimite or cucmber and tomato sauce ?
I got the name mudgutts from drinking Mudgee Mud (a wine)