PDA

View Full Version : EEE cream gums up

Wooden Goodies
11th March 2006, 08:50 PM
Hello,
I am new in this forum and I thought I would pose a question to the experts in here. What is the best way to apply EEE? I've done it with the lathe on, and off and when I go to buff it out it just gums up and takes alot to get it buffed out. When it finally does buff out it is beautiful.

I read here alot but usually don't have much to say. Hopefully that will change.

Dana

DanP
11th March 2006, 09:27 PM
What exactly do you mean by 'gums up'.

Dan

DavidG
11th March 2006, 09:53 PM
EEE is not a finish but a polishing paste that cuts finer and finer as it is rubbed in.
You must finish with a clean cloth to remove the remaining EEE and then finish off with something like shellwax.

see this link (http://www.ubeaut.com.au/eee.htm)

I usually spin it on wet and keep moving untill it shines.

dai sensei
12th March 2006, 09:51 AM
As Dvid says, but you may also be putting on too much. It only needs a fine coat, not heaps.

Wooden Goodies
13th March 2006, 02:14 AM
What I mean by gums up is that it gets like big blobs and then it really is very hard to buff out. I have used it on small projects like Christmas ornaments and it comes out great, Ifollow EEE with a friction Myland friction polish and it does great! I think that I probably am using too much so I will try to cut back and see how it works. thanks for the replies.
Dana

hughie
13th March 2006, 01:06 PM
HI It definitely sound like your using too much. I just wipe a thin smear on then buff it with the same cloth, lathe running flat out. Never had a problem, a little goes a long way with this stuff.'
hughie