PDA

View Full Version : More stock is in... Beautiful!

chitswood
12th March 2006, 11:39 AM
Dad got some more wood, here is a list:
4 3/4 thick cocobolo (green), 4 3/4 thick rosewood(green), 8/4 macassar ebony (premium), 8/4 zebrawood (premium), 8/4 purpleheart, 4/4 cocobolo.

The macassar is spectacular:eek: , I had trouble taking pics because I kept drooling all over everything!!! Here is a link to it:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Exotic-Hardwood-Chitswood-Macassar-Ebony-WOW-Block-M1_W0QQitemZ8267062199QQcategoryZ3131QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its kiln dried, and shipping to Australia is $12.50 for one block. The price jumps if you want more than one. Also, I can cut the block and sell you a fraction of it if you dont want the whole thing. The stuff's amazing.

Carry Pine
12th March 2006, 04:57 PM
One of the things we keep asking for on 'buy, swap and sell' is to name your location first. No use buying a slab from Strahan if you live in Darwin. I guess the regulars know where Mo is?

ozwinner
12th March 2006, 05:01 PM
One of the things we keep asking for on 'buy, swap and sell' is to name your location first. No use buying a slab from Strahan if you live in Darwin. I guess the regulars know where Mo is?

In the US of A.

Al :eek:

Auld Bassoon
12th March 2006, 05:38 PM
But it's only 6" x 6"? Apart from turning, it's hard to see what one might make from it, lovely though it is... Weeping quietly.

Now if it were 60" x 60" x 1" and $35 - believe me I'd be there...:)

Stuart
12th March 2006, 06:55 PM
Dad got some more wood, here is a list...... So what is that - telemarketing speak to try to convince us it isn't a simple business venture?

Cut the cr*p, and call a spade a spade.

ozwinner
12th March 2006, 07:09 PM
If you go to his Ebay store there are 210 items for sale hardly a part time timber seller.

Al :mad:

When I was part time selling on Ebay, I had 6 items for sale......

chitswood
13th March 2006, 03:00 AM
If you go to his Ebay store there are 210 items for sale hardly a part time timber seller.

Al :mad:

When I was part time selling on Ebay, I had 6 items for sale......

The wood business is run by Dad and I out of the garage, we give a lot of devotion to it because we enjoy the wood so much:D , but its hardly what I call a big operation.
We have top quality listing equipment and that allows faster work on ebay.

The wood costs $50 a BF this is a very rare wood, and the stuff we got is top grade figure... not cheap, if I could give to you all cheaper, I'd be spanking happy.

Edd
14th March 2006, 06:44 AM
But it's only 6" x 6"? Apart from turning,
Strips of veneer?

chitswood
15th March 2006, 01:41 AM
Nope sorry, all we got is a sharp bandsaw and a planer -we sell thins though, 1/16 inch thick