PDA

View Full Version : Theres more wood in the garage

chitswood
20th March 2006, 02:58 PM
New shipment heres what has arrived so far and more (couple thousand pounds more:cool: ) is on the way:

4/4 canarywood boards
more 8/4 purpleheart
4/4 premium stock cocobolo and bocote
some 4/4 or smaller sticks of cocobolo
A ton (literally) of 4/4, 6/4 granadillo, machiche, mokey pod, billy webb
Some granadillo, machiche, monkey pod 8/4 blocks
4/4 cocobolo boards
african blackwood penblanks - defectives
Bocote A+++ figured 1/4 - 3/8 boards - this is top quality, especially for box makers.
- more is coming
And Hibdon is so happy that we took all that wood off his hands that he gave us a bunch of "brown" bocote 4/4 boards for free, if you want some I can cut you a deal (normal retail -US dollars- $12 a Bf) I even saw some natural edge boards!

Zed
20th March 2006, 03:43 PM
never let it be said I discouraged anyone but.... Bloody hell Chitswood !!! - how any orders you got from australia so far ????????

Shedhand
20th March 2006, 03:48 PM
never let it be said I discouraged anyone but.... Bloody hell Chitswood !!! - how any orders you got from australia so far ????????I was thinkin' the same thing. Getting anything freighted from US to Oz costs a million bucks so buying lumps of timber would be prohibitive. Maybe we should declare ourselves a Moslem nation and Bush can send some sample via ICBM. :eek::D

Maybe Chitswood's only targeting the US members of the forum. <shrug>

Mind you I wouldn't mind some of his stuff.:o

chitswood
21st March 2006, 01:22 AM
I have had about 6 orders in the last month, if this wasn't worth my time I wouldn't do it.
SHipping gets expensive for large packages, but smaller ones don't cost a whole lot.

Shedhand
21st March 2006, 12:50 PM
I have had about 6 orders in the last month, if this wasn't worth my time I wouldn't do it.
SHipping gets expensive for large packages, but smaller ones don't cost a whole lot.Good on you mate. Hope it continues to go well for you.;)

Shedhand
21st March 2006, 12:59 PM
BTW Chits
What does the X41 and other numbers after the name mean? Its not mentioned in your Wood Terms page.:confused:
Cheers:)

chitswood
26th March 2006, 09:48 AM
The numbering on the end of the title is the way we track that piece of wood. It has nothing to do with the wood.
Thanks -Darick