PDA

View Full Version : Incra Problem, need a little help.

Crowdedbasement
28th March 2006, 03:12 AM
I posted this earlier in a diferent forum, not knowing about this forum(New member) Thanks

I picked up the Incra LS router system this weekend here in Northern VA at an Expo. I have set up the system at hat appears properly(checked several times) and have tried it out several times.

I am having trouble with my Tail board cuts. The pin board come out fine(or at least by laying my steel ruler against it to measure out the pins.) but my tails are all about 1/16 too large. Thus my tail board will not plug in. It is all close, but definetly not close enough to even be called a snug fit.

this in the half blind dove tail page 6,7 of the reference guide. (3/4 inch stock with jig/strip no. 30)

My center is on and the depth is correct, but I still end up with dove tails too big for the pin board.

Thank you much

James

Termite
28th March 2006, 08:20 AM
Are you doing the depth of cut stage, if this is not done correctly it will have a dramatic effect on the fit.

Sprog
28th March 2006, 03:22 PM
Refer to pages 2 and 3 of the Reference Guide. Do not try to cut the joints until you have this part correct. Use the same stock that is going to be used for your project. If you have got this part correct then the joint has to be right.
Are you using the correct bit, 5/8 - 7deg dovetail ?
Template 30 is for 1in stock, use template 29 for 3/4in stock using the same bit.

Crowdedbasement
29th March 2006, 12:01 AM
Thank you all for the help.

I believe that I have missed on the depth cut in setup. I will have to wait untill this weekend to find out thought. (Two jobs and not much time, during the week.)

It is a beautiful tool. I look foward to working with this product.

Thanks again, for the help.