PDA

View Full Version : Blank supplier

melvin43
20th May 2006, 04:48 PM
Just found this site. Just joined. I'm looking for somewhere to find some real different type of blanks than the ones I'm used to here. I don't know much about Australian woods, but would like to learn. Anyone know of a supplier from down under?

Thanks a lot and I could use some suggestions.

Melvin

Kev Y.
20th May 2006, 05:08 PM
Greetings and welcome Marvin,

You could try Carrolls (look in the suppliers listing on the front page). I am sure Jim would be able to help you with your desires

Kev

Skew ChiDAMN!!
20th May 2006, 07:05 PM
I'll second that.

Carroll's Woodcraft Supplies (http://cws-store.yahoostore.com.au) is one of the better suppliers here.

bdar
21st May 2006, 09:45 PM
Melvin also vouch for Carroll's. If you want to try Red and Brown Mallee Burls have a look at www.bradsburls.com.au and he does send to the States.
Darren

Kev Y.
21st May 2006, 10:36 PM
Greetings and welcome Marvin,

You could try Carrolls (look in the suppliers listing on the front page). I am sure Jim would be able to help you with your desires

Kev

OOPPS sorry MELVIN,, I just re-read what I wrote the other night..:o :o

I appologise for getting your name wrong..

Hope you will forgive me and keep comming back

soundman
21st May 2006, 11:28 PM
melvin mate you got get onto some weird aussie wood.:D
try some lace sheoak, hairy oak, anything that is a burl.
want a chalenge get some hard stuff.
mulga, .....(he he he) gidgie.

we have lots of stuff with pronounced grain and the hard stuff polishes wonderfully.

I did a couple of pens in mulga burl the other day, comes up like marble, just a bit harder:D

cheers

finewoods
10th June 2006, 01:14 AM
Try Lazarides Timber Agencies in Brisbane

Lumber Bunker
10th June 2006, 02:45 PM
We post to the US and we have all sorts of Aussie blanks. Coolabah burl, NSW Rosewood, Aus Cedar, Jarrah burl, Tasmanian Myrtle, Black Heart Sassifras, King Billy Pine, Celery Top, Blackwood, Coachwood, River Red Gum and lots of others. Some dry, some green (waxed) and loads of different sizes.
Pen Blanks, small and large bowl blanks, some squares.
Have a look at our web site, (no timber on there at the moment, it's being upadated to include timber very soon) If you are interested, please PM me or contact me at [email protected]

Steven Thomas

Buzz
10th June 2006, 08:26 PM
And another

http://www.burlsdownunder.com

Regards