PDA

View Full Version : Triton Dust Respirator Upgrade...

Ausworkshop
27th May 2006, 03:41 PM
Just letting you know I purchased the Triton Respirator from Hills (clearance stock) and asked triton about any modification/upgrades that were available. They replied straight away with 'we will send one out to you'.

I let them know my address and a box arrived within a day or two.
In the box was new threaded screw on hose parts (batt pack cap & curved plastic vent pieces that goes through hard hat) also a new flexible hose with fittings designed to easily screw onto these new threaded parts.

So anyone out there with old triton respirators with stiff - hard to connect hose, don't bother mucking around modifying your own when triton are more than helpful and have the perfect solution as usual.

THANKS AGAIN TRITON!!
I just hope your great service and Aussie 'know how' continues in future under your new owners (GMC)

DavidG
27th May 2006, 05:42 PM
Crap.
I tried from the day I registered the warranty on my new respirator and never got a thing out of them.
It is now over a year and my warranty has run out.

Triton has an aroma about it.:mad:

Stuart
28th May 2006, 12:09 AM
Crap.
I tried from the day I registered the warranty on my new respirator and never got a thing out of them.
It is now over a year and my warranty has run out.

Triton has an aroma about it.:mad:

Did you every try ringing them?

The mod came out over 2 years ago, and at the time registered owners got the mod in the mail. Those that didn't, who chased up Triton with a phone call got the mod sent out next day.

Historically, Triton were very supportive of owners, irrespective of warranty date. As your purchase date was around the GMC takeover, it doesn't surprise me that some support suffered. They have now had 12 months to get up to speed with the orange product range.

I'd suggest talking to them- you might find yourself posting a retraction.

DavidG
28th May 2006, 12:37 PM
stuart_lees
Do not think so........:mad:

Following is the E_Mail reply I received from Triton and then it became a black hole.
I sent several E-Mails after this but still nothing.

I also registered the respirator, on line, when I got it.

So far I am far from impressed with trition service and think it is about as low as it could possibly be.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dave..

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your enquiry. It has been passed on to our service dept.
for a response.
Regards

David Watkins

On 05/03/2005, at 6:04 PM, xxxxx wrote:
> Hi
> In January I bought a new powered respirator from bunnings and it has
> the
> old style air hose on it.
> Will I be receiving the new style air hose.
> Thanks
> D. xxxxxx
>
>
>

TEEJAY
28th May 2006, 12:49 PM
It's a shame you have bad experience there Dave.

I bought my Titon respirator from Timbecon about a year ago and was most unimpressed that I was sent the older style one with the stiff hose.

I contacted Triton by phone and received by post the flexible hose and screw connectors and all necessary attachments within a week at no charge.

I have to say my experience is in stark contrast to yours - shame really. I can't see either why they should treat us differently - I am a good looking guy though :D (not saying you aren't)

DavidG
28th May 2006, 01:29 PM
I am a good looking guy though :D
Damn! I knew there was something different.
I am a grumpy old ugly bastard.:rolleyes: :p

TEEJAY
28th May 2006, 01:45 PM
Damn! I knew there was something different.
I am a grumpy old ugly bastard.:rolleyes: :p

Aaahh - great another problem solved :D :D ;) LOLOLOL

Ausworkshop
28th May 2006, 02:56 PM
Yes, I must admit they did ask how ugly I was before sending mine out to me as well. I just lied to them and said I looked very similar to Teejay and that people often confuse us two as brothers.

The parcel arrived the following morning with a note attatched explaining that we both must wear the masks at all times when out in public or wandering around the house - hence the need for the comfortable mods.:p

Sorry Dave but I think you just aint ugly enough........thats my theory anyway.

TEEJAY
28th May 2006, 03:10 PM
Yes, I must admit they did ask how ugly I was before sending mine out to me as well. I just lied to them and said I looked very similar to Teejay and that people often confuse us two as brothers.

The parcel arrived the following morning with a note attatched explaining that we both must wear the masks at all times when out in public or wandering around the house - hence the need for the comfortable mods.:p

Sorry Dave but I think you just aint ugly enough........thats my theory anyway.

Yes Andrew, Bug'r the truth is out now.

You see Dave, they provide as a matter of urgency to those in most need of the mask. :p - You are still old and grumpy though :D

Stuart
28th May 2006, 10:48 PM
stuart_lees
Do not think so........:mad:

Following is the E_Mail reply I received from Triton and then it became a black hole.
I sent several E-Mails after this but still nothing.

I also registered the respirator, on line, when I got it.

So far I am far from impressed with trition service and think it is about as low as it could possibly be.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dave..

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your enquiry. It has been passed on to our service dept.
for a response.
Regards

David Watkins

On 05/03/2005, at 6:04 PM, xxxxx wrote:
> Hi
> In January I bought a new powered respirator from bunnings and it has
> the
> old style air hose on it.
> Will I be receiving the new style air hose.
> Thanks
> D. xxxxxx
>
>
>

Hmm - did you bother actually reading ANY of my reply?

to reiterate then.
1. When you were in contact with them, the GMC service department had just taken over Triton servicing, and it did take a while to get sorted out. Looking at the date of your email (05/03/2005) just highlights the unfortunate timing of your email to them.

2. Did you bother RINGING them? Everyone who did seemed to have a sucessful conclusion. Those that relyed on email (especially around that time) were often disappointed.

1300 880 001 7 days a week 7am to 7pm.

DavidG
28th May 2006, 10:58 PM
stuart_lees
No I did not ring them. I felt that the reply I received meant that I was receiving attention.

It is NOT my problem that the company was changing ownership.
I DID send follow up emails but gave up in the end.

I only flog a dead horse so far then do not bother any further.

Personally I could not give a Shi t any more but do not expect me to forget bad service just because you are orange eyed.:mad:

Stuart
28th May 2006, 11:28 PM
Whatever.
Tried to offer advice about how to come to a solution, wasn't excusing your experience, but then, I'm not responsible for their customer service.

If you can't take advice about how to solve your problem and just want to bitch, that;s you perogative.

Don't expect advice/help on your next problem (whatever the machine's colour), given how you react to it.