PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Question

lubbing5cherubs
2nd June 2006, 06:23 PM
HI I m wondering can you help me out when purchasing a chuck and arbour what is the size I need to suit a leda MC_1018? I noticed they have 1mt and 2mt but not sure which one I need to suit my lathe? I have looked in the book but I can't find that out. Secondly I am interested in getting the Nova G3 scroll chuck what thread size would that be? Is this an all rounder good one to start on? Any advice?
thanks Toni

CameronPotter
2nd June 2006, 06:36 PM
My advice - ask the shop. I would call Jim Carroll and he will probably know the answers (as well as be able to sell you what you need) - but I suspect that the morse taper would be No. 2 - it usually is these days.

lubbing5cherubs
2nd June 2006, 06:42 PM
My advice - ask the shop. I would call Jim Carroll and he will probably know the answers (as well as be able to sell you what you need) - but I suspect that the morse taper would be No. 2 - it usually is these days.

Yeah I was going to but I keep forgetting til night time then they are shut
bye Toni

CameronPotter
2nd June 2006, 06:48 PM
Fair enough. I know how that goes...

jmk89
2nd June 2006, 06:53 PM
Yeah I was going to but I keep forgetting til night time then they are shut
bye Toni

Send the shop (or Jim Carroll) an e-mail?!!!

lubbing5cherubs
2nd June 2006, 09:52 PM
Send the shop (or Jim Carroll) an e-mail?!!!
Yes I usually do but I feel like I am always bugging this poor man. He be sick of the tail end of me. So that why I was trying to find out. He been brilliantly patient with me but i do not want to wear out the welcome. I'd miss his shop I would have no wear to give my spare cash..Or not so spare but anyway feels good. Thanks Everyone.
Toni

Jim Carroll
6th June 2006, 06:48 PM
Toni the thread is a 1"x10 and the taper is a 2mt.

CameronPotter
6th June 2006, 08:08 PM
There you go - look at that. Got an answer from him anyway... Must be something about the "spare cash". ;) :D