PDA

View Full Version : My Box

Auzzie turner
10th June 2006, 10:54 PM
Hi, since the other thread I made (My Bowl) was a success, I have decided to make another thread. This one is about a box I made recently. The wood is Curly Jarrah, and it cost me nothing.:D I enjoy making things like this for a good challenge.---to get the proportion just right.It was made on a MC900 lathe, and thepolish is shellwax cream. Please post all constuctive criticism here because it helps a lot. Have a great day/night.

Regards.....Joash

Shedhand
10th June 2006, 11:25 PM
Almost looks like test ashes urn. Nice work. I'm not a turner but I still like to encourage younger people to take up any kind of woodwork.

Keep up the excellent work cobber. ;)
Cheers

Auzzie turner
10th June 2006, 11:31 PM
Almost looks like test ashes urn. Nice work. I'm not a turner but I still like to encourage younger people to take up any kind of woodwork.

Keep up the excellent work cobber. ;)
Cheers
Hey thanks a lot there. Good to see early comments. See my other thread here (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=33001)

boban
10th June 2006, 11:31 PM
I'm the last one who could comment on your turning ability but I will say that I'm impressed with your results.

chrisb691
10th June 2006, 11:39 PM
I like it as it is. Suggest you add a line to your poll that says 'Leave it as it is'. Then I can vote.

Auzzie turner
10th June 2006, 11:57 PM
I like it as it is. Suggest you add a line to your poll that says 'Leave it as it is'. Then I can vote.

Hi thanks, I guess if you want it left it as is, well than there must not be much wrong with it. I'm afraid that you cannot change the poll options once they are on. Sorry mate.
P.S here is another item I have made-a cypress pine candle holder.
Regards.........Joash

rodent
11th June 2006, 02:53 AM
nice work .I would make the base abit biger so it doesent fall over and put a metal cup in the top so it doesent burn . it looks good with a nice form.

Tassie Boy
11th June 2006, 11:53 AM
Looking good there Josh.
I agree with Chris, that Jarrah box looks fine how it is!

Good work buddy!

lubbing5cherubs
11th June 2006, 12:12 PM
you are doing a top job
Toni

ss_11000
13th June 2006, 04:53 PM
another great piece of work.....i agree that the candle thingy base needs to be bigger. ( to fix that you could turn a ring to put around it like skew chidamn tried with his goblet)

RETIRED
13th June 2006, 06:52 PM
Hi thanks, I guess if you want it left it as is, well than there must not be much wrong with it. I'm afraid that you cannot change the poll options once they are on. Sorry mate.P.S here is another item I have made-a cypress pine candle holder.
Regards.........JoashYou can't, I can and did.:D

Auzzie turner
13th June 2006, 08:40 PM
You can't, I can and did.:D

Thanks a lot for that , you must be an administrator or something like that. Thanks again,
Regards.........Joash:D

RETIRED
13th June 2006, 11:52 PM
Yeah. Something like that.:cool:

PHD1
14th June 2006, 03:11 PM
Another nice job!! This is a link that u might enjoy. Ben Carpenter is 19yr old now, but he started turning at 14. I think he has a very creative mind. Well there the link http://www.kestrelcreek.com/exhibits/list.php?exhibition=12

Keep up the turn!!

Auzzie turner
14th June 2006, 11:45 PM
Boy talk about advanced, he is just on eek:

DanP
15th June 2006, 12:04 AM
I started turning when I was 14. It has been all of three years and I'm now all of 19.

Obviously he skipped all of his maths classes to spend time at the lathe.

Dan

PS. Nice work Joash.

Gil Jones
15th June 2006, 04:39 AM
Nice box, Joash!
Dan, that must be what 'they' call "new math".

PHD1
15th June 2006, 04:58 AM
Hi, I dont think Ben was missing math class. Some of his pieces have some complex layout. I think the class his was missing was "lazy 101"

Happy turning