PDA

View Full Version : Newcastle Expo 2006

Salty
26th June 2006, 01:34 PM
Just a reminder for forum members that the Newcastle Expo is on in August 11th - 13th at the Newcastle Entertainment Centre.
Carbatec, MIK International, Woodfast, Bunnings and Carrols Woodcraft to name but a few will be there with lots of tools at "Show" prices. There are 3 or 4 timber merchants including Trend Timbers, U Beaut, Pylon and Organoil finishes and heaps of other suppliers. For the Craft and Hobby enthusiasts there will be Leatherwork, Beadmaking, Glasswork, and much much more.
Entry has been kept down to $10:00 (same as last year), Free parking including disabled access, and 2 minute walking distance from Broadmeadow Railway Station.
Woodturners of the Hunter organise this Expo and this will be the 11th Expo we have run. A total of over $420,000 has been donated to the John Hunter Hospital's Kids Club over the years. We would like to thank our Major Sponsors Hunter United and the Newcastle Entertainment Centre for their continued support of this very worthwhile project.
For further info see www.woodturners.org.au (http://www.woodturners.org.au)

ss_11000
26th June 2006, 05:32 PM
should be there Salty...do you know if there are any competitions that work can be entered into?

Greg Ward
26th June 2006, 05:46 PM
Mal from Boutique Timbers will be there.

Let him know on 0265 858296 if you want anything special bought down

Regards
Greg

Salty
27th June 2006, 04:58 PM
Hi Stirlo no comps are planned at this stage. We did have a schools comp last year that was poorly (Very:( like NO entries) patronised, despite sending info to every school in NSW, so we didn't feel there was enough interest for this year. Pity as we had a sponsor too! Hope to meet up with you there Stirlo.
Thanks Greg for the heads up re Boutique Timbers - I wish I could have given a list of all the companies coming but .......
We still have some space left if anyone is interested in participating or selling their wares. The Hobbies and Craft area in particular so if you have any favourite suppliers that you think may be interested please refer them to our website.
Contact details, dates and Locations are on our website at www.woodturners.org.au (http://www.woodturners.org.au)

oges
27th June 2006, 07:05 PM
May have to wander up now that im not able to attend the weekend in Wodonga I was going to the week after

ss_11000
27th June 2006, 07:51 PM
thats unfortunate salty....i was very suprised to read you got no entries. hope you guys try it again some day.....see ya there (hopefully)

ps. sorry i haven't been able to come down to the clubhouse as yet...

Lumber Bunker
27th June 2006, 11:44 PM
Salty,
In your next plug for the expo, can you give us a mention. We're the only local WW store.:D

Cheers

Salty
28th June 2006, 01:49 PM
Hi Steve, Yes I sure will - we are stoked to think there is a new woodworking store in our region by the way!! :D
I hope as things firm up to publish a full list of participants as soon as I have one plus any other details as they come to hand. Look forward to catching up in person too!