PDA

View Full Version : turn around philip island

rodent
2nd July 2006, 12:23 AM
Does any one know about the event at philip island vic .Ive heard about it but dont know any thing about it . Anything would be better than nothing.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
2nd July 2006, 01:52 AM
You mean the Down Under Turn Around? Haven't heard anything about it, apart from Charlie's comments and your mentioning it the other day.

All of the web references I've found are out of date... the '98-'01 pages as hosted by our hosts (Ubeaut) and the '04 page on SAWG. (Some familiar faces there...)

But I couldn't find anything more current. :(

ubeaut
2nd July 2006, 09:56 AM
Downunder Turn Around is on in September the same weekend as Canberra WWWShow this is the tenth anniversary of the event and it is completely booked out. I believe they said they can't even fit one more bod in.

The event is run over the weekend from around 2pm Friday till after lunch Sunday all meals and accommodation included and is an excuse to do nothing but turn wood. You eat, drink, talk, sleep and breathe woodturning. It is an opportunity to see and talk to like minded people, watch, participate and generally have the woodturning time of your life.

Cheers - Neil :)

PS It is possible there could be a cancellation, but wouldn't count on it. You may however be able to book for next year. Call Caroline Talbot on 03 5956 7300 for bookings.

RETIRED
2nd July 2006, 10:43 AM
'Tis a blast!:D :D

rodent
2nd July 2006, 08:25 PM
thanks for replying guys .