PDA

View Full Version : hi new here

Mr Unknown
7th July 2006, 10:50 AM
Hi im new to the board but ive been taking a look every now and then for a bit now so i thought id register.
Im am an ex Woodturner from Master Woodturning in Ingleburn NSW, i did my apprenticeship there and was there for six years and turn things from spindals to telegraph poles (that sucked but good experience) etc. I did my TAFE at Lidcombe with George Hatsfield and i heard that that course doeasnt exist anymore, what a pity.
Anyways just thought id tell you a little bit about myself and hope i can help in some way while im here.
I dont have a lathe at the moment but id love one so i could do some stuff in my spare time, i kinda miss turning except when i had to do 500 bed posts etc.

Cliff Rogers
7th July 2006, 11:08 AM
G'day Mr. Unknow.

How long ago did you do your TAFE with George?

I've met George at a couple of Proserpine turnouts, nice bloke.

Gumby
7th July 2006, 11:12 AM
i kinda miss turning except when i had to do 500 bed posts etc.
That must have been one hell of a big bed. :D

Mr Unknown
7th July 2006, 11:15 AM
I was at lidcombe TAFE between 1996 and 1998, and yeah George can be an ok guy at times i guess, i actually prefered Dale, i was just at that young age were you just wanted to fool around, he once sent me home for asking me to wear my goggles more than once haha.

Cliff Rogers
7th July 2006, 01:16 PM
When you get to George's age, you might understand why he wanted you to wear the glasses & you might understand that you get sick of having to repeat yourself. :D

Interesting aside is that he wears glasses & the TAFE wanted him to wear extra protection over the top of his glasses & it made it very hard for him to see what he was doing. :(