PDA

View Full Version : Routing table plans

Richard
23rd March 2000, 09:27 PM
Hear ye! Hear ye! I needs a better router table !! ( my Triton is giving me the fits !!!!!!!) - Naturally I want to build a good one. Any one have any suggestions or plans? I use a Bosch1300ace (fairly hefty)and also a 1/4 inch one. I need to be able to get the router in and out of the table with as little hastle as possible.

RETIRED
23rd March 2000, 10:32 PM
Gooday.

Try this site, could be what you are after.

http://www.mie.com/~jsolie/rt.html

------------------
Ian () Robertson
"We do good turns every day"

[This message has been edited by (edited 23 March 2000).]

RETIRED
23rd March 2000, 10:40 PM
senior moment

Richard
28th March 2000, 09:59 PM
Thanks !! I'll print it and take a good look. Still looking though. Kinda would like it to be pretty special / something to be proud of - well built. Know what I mean ??

stevenjw
29th March 2000, 09:08 PM
Richard

Try this site, I Think this might be the table your after http://www.am-wood.com/march98/router.html

PenRex
3rd April 2000, 04:18 PM
Hi Richard,

What is wrong with the Triton??

I have/use/rely on the 2000 version, other than it used to vibrate a bit when routing thicknesses of 1" or more (which I solved by adding the ability to brace each leg to the floor), I haven't struck any problem or difficulty with it yet.

Is there an issue you have with it that I haven't confronted yet?

What should I be on the lookout for?

Rex

------------------
Dear Lord,
May my Woodworking someday aspire
to be as good as my Darts,
and vice-versa. . . .

Rex

PenRex
4th April 2000, 12:05 PM
Hi Richard,

I have the Triton2000, I haven't found any problems with the routing table other than some vibration when using thicknesses over 1". I got around this by clamping the legs to the floor.

What aspect of the table has you in fits?

------------------
Dear Lord,
May my Woodworking someday aspire
to be as good as my Darts,
and vice-versa. . . .

Rex

Richard
20th April 2000, 12:44 PM
Okay !! Have built my new table!! Works like a dream !! Can change Routers in about three minutes - With bit always centered in plate - Bit changes are no longer a hassle - Sturdy - doesn't vibrate when doing rails & stiles !!! Plenty of storage for bits and stuff. Two fully adjustable fences....... etc....etc...etc!!!!! Can't talk any more gotta go make a cabinet (had to find something to do with the new toy you see........) Thanks for the help guys!!!!

Shane Watson
20th April 2000, 03:26 PM
Hey Richard

How bout you post a plan of that router table?? Come on...

Sounds great....

Cheers

Shane...