PDA

View Full Version : My first projects

diamonds
16th July 2006, 02:07 PM
Be gentle with me......I have just started to learn to turn and these are my first two projects. I have been reading this forum for a while and really appreciate the wealth of knowledge that everyone is prepared to share. Thank you all. It's great. These projects were done to practice technique not because I like the design. (I actually hate the lamps with a passion but it was good practice). I am amazed at where those wood shavings can end up at the end of the day.;)

ss_11000
16th July 2006, 02:22 PM
they look great, nothing wrong with the lamps dsigns.

diamonds
16th July 2006, 02:44 PM
Thank you. I have since turned sassafras bases for them since I took the photo but it wasn't blackheart. Think I'll try the bases again.

lubbing5cherubs
16th July 2006, 03:19 PM
Gorgeous!! I love that stool that a great job I like to say I could do that well for a first time..Wow!.
Toni

Auzzie turner
16th July 2006, 04:38 PM
excellent work, need a clearer pic of the lamps.

hughie
16th July 2006, 06:59 PM
[
quote=diamonds]Be gentle with me......I have just started to learn to turn and these are my first two projects. I have been reading this forum for a while and really appreciate the wealth of knowledge that everyone is prepared to share. Thank you all. It's great. These projects were done to practice technique not because I like the design. (I actually hate the lamps with a passion but it was good practice). I am amazed at where those wood shavings can end up at the end of the day.;)[/QUOTE]

lamps.............I sympathize with you I too have no love of turning lamps bases .......not really a fan of wooden bar stools either for that matter.

But as you say good practice in techinque.

But all said and done its a fine effort.:) :) :) :) :)
hughie

Tassie Boy
16th July 2006, 09:06 PM
Nice stool i might have a go at one of them soon....
Thats good you turned a base for them ... they needed it!!
good work..