PDA

View Full Version : Couldnt resist this

rod@plasterbrok
19th July 2006, 01:42 AM
Can I nominate myself for this Forum ????

Dam I think i just did.

Rod Dyson

Exador
19th July 2006, 07:09 AM
Can I nominate myself for this Forum ????

Dam I think i just did.

Rod Dyson

Gday Rod, a word of advice from a fellow business operator servicing the woodworking fraternity - don't spam.:mad:

ozwinner
19th July 2006, 05:40 PM
Rod take the lead of the forum owner who makes timber finishing products.
You have to look pretty hard to find an advert for Ubeats stuff.

Take the lead or them up high will take it for you. :rolleyes:

Al :)

rod@plasterbrok
20th July 2006, 02:05 AM
Thanks guys, I didn't intend for it to come across as spam or offend anyone, I am very happy to contribute to this forum with answers to plasterboard related questions and hope my industry knowledge will make a positive contribution to this forum to benefit your members and visitors.

I do see your point here. The forum does provide for places to Sell Swap or Buy. I will limit any product announcements to that forum. I guess it was a bit stupid making that lighthearted comment here.

We wont be doing that again!!!

Thanks Rod Dyson

echnidna
20th July 2006, 11:49 AM
You can also use the Announcements forum Rod.

Exador
20th July 2006, 02:30 PM
Actually Rod, I read my last response and it was a bit harsh, sorry:o. I really meant to let you know pretty much what ozwinner said. I've learnt a hell of a lot from these forums, done some good business, made some good friends and I'd hate to see Neil et al get upset about allowing advertising for nothing on a site that must cost a heap to run. Anyway, it sounds like you've got a good product/service to offer and that does a lot to counter any charges of spam. Best of luck with it

rod@plasterbrok
20th July 2006, 03:40 PM
No problems, I love the concept of this forum and really enjoy giving people, the right advice on plastering issues. I would do it anyway. I haven't promoted myself as a seller in any of my posts to help people, except to point them to a tips page on my site that is relevent to the question they are asking.

I guess I did see this thread as a way to promote my site and when I read my initial post, I feel a bit emabarrased that I was stupid enough to make a comment that would read like that!

I deserved the kick in the butt!

Attempts at humor was never one of my strong points.

Anyway enough said.

Thanks
Rod Dyson

Auzzie turner
20th July 2006, 09:56 PM
Change your username to

Highest opinianated user ever

echnidna
20th July 2006, 10:15 PM
Change your username to

Highest opinianated user ever

NAAAA thats reserved
for you :p

Skew ChiDAMN!!
20th July 2006, 10:34 PM
I gotta ask myself... what's the problem?

We are in the CONACTS & LINKS/TIMBER & HW SUPPLIERS thread aren't we? And Rod originally only posted the one simple msg... which I would think to be on-topic for this thread:
"Timber and hardware suppliers Add a link or other contact information for your favorite supplier, of timber and hardware, etc."

I've also seen it agreed (by allegedly reputable forum members) elsewhere that a simple self-referring link in the signature is perfectly acceptable. So I still don't see any problem. Is it because he refers to his own business? Would his PM'ing someone else and asking them to post a msg referring to his business have been more acceptable? Frankly, I can't see why it would make any difference... I just don't get it.

Anyone care to elucidate? :confused:

rod@plasterbrok
20th July 2006, 11:12 PM
Hmmm Auzzie,

I didn't think helping people out here would be offensive. I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't know what else to say. I love my trade and seeing people get the right information.

Rod

boban
21st July 2006, 12:25 AM
I for one haven't seen you misinform anybody regarding plasterboard work, so if that makes you opinionated then so be it. At least its an accurate opinion based on what appears to be some experience.

Keep it up Rod, just be careful how much you push your business interests here. It doesn't bother me one bit, but then again I dont run the show.

I'm with Skew on this one. For me its just like buy and sell. In fact Rod could even advertise here and contribute financially if he wants. Up to him.