PDA

View Full Version : vacume box for template routing

soundman
4th April 2002, 03:51 PM
I and a couple of my associates do a lit of template work on panel goods, in specific speaker boxes and equipment cases. We use a vacume box dust extraction method which works very well. As most of our routs are through we find the best dust extraction is from the other side of the work. so we build a box with facilities on to to hold the panel and the template and connect a dust extractor below. When we rout we punch through the material and run the template. The result is a very clean operation the only dust you see is a small puff from the first penetration the rest of the time air flows with much vigour through the routed hole taking any chips with it up the spout. I recon it produces a cleaner cut as the waste is ripped away from the bit by the air stream which must also keep the bit cooler. lets hear your thaughts & questions.

barrysumpter
7th April 2002, 08:54 PM
Hi SoundMan,

My router makes the biggest mess. I'd appreciate a photo of your vacume box.

------------------
Thanks,
Barry G. Sumpter
Proud Tritoneer

Rod Smith
7th April 2002, 10:24 PM
Great idea soundman, I can picture it working.
cheers
Rod

soundman
16th April 2002, 03:53 PM
Listen fellas dust extraction is a crusade with me. This one works a treat. Ill take a photo next time I have it set up.
P.S.
most router manufacturers have a dust extraction attachment that works to some degree, three of my machines have a dust port fitted and I use them for most non through routing.
hitachi tr12 & mv series have a dust spout available.
bosch seem to be serious about dust you can even get a dust spout for POF series machines.
festo built in.
ask your local tool dude, if they dont know call the agent & get a part no.
less dust happier lungs, less sweeping.

[This message has been edited by soundman (edited 01 May 2002).]