PDA

View Full Version : Two extremes of customer service

Jack Plane
25th July 2006, 01:09 PM
Isn’t good service great.
I broke the tailstock handwheel on my lathe a couple of weeks ago. No problems I thought – got onto the manufacturer’s website, great - they will send parts across the ditch, found the part number and sent them an email. Got a reply the same day saying that they answer queries within three days and here’s your reference number. Fourteen days later re-sent the email and got the same three day reply. Next day got a reply giving lots of details about HEADSTOCK handwheels.
Stuff this for a row of soldiers I thought. Sent an email to Jim Carroll. Got a reply at 8am next morning saying “Yes we’ve got one but I’m in Adelaide at the moment”. Spoke to Jim on his return and hey presto, had my new wheel delivered to Sydney</ST1:p in two days.
Guess where I’ll be taking my business in future?
Congratulations Jim, it’s nice to find someone who thinks the customer is important.

lubbing5cherubs
25th July 2006, 02:15 PM
Yep Jim service is awesome on all front. YOu won't find a better service. Well I can't fault him. If it was not for him and his kindness to work out things with me I would not of got my lathe
bye
Toni

Skew ChiDAMN!!
25th July 2006, 05:31 PM
The best thing is that Jim & Irene are consistently helpful, even when asked stoopid questions. And we all ask them. :o

I generally don't like mentioning brands or names to people but Jim is an exception and I don't have a moments' hesitation in referring people to him.

Tassie Boy
26th July 2006, 08:45 PM
Jim is a great bloke running a great business..
Just received some stuff from him yesterday...VERY fast replys and delivery..
Top bloke!