PDA

View Full Version : I am depressed

powderpost
25th July 2006, 09:03 PM
Well the leave pass from furniture making for SWMBO has expired and I still got some ideas to explore. Been instructed to build that 'china' cabinet for her glass vase collection.... NOW. But...... still got this baby finished. It is a bigger version (350mm diameter) of that little bowl with the curved pattern. This one is made from red cedar, white beech with the centre panel of macadamia. Seems like I have a handle in the process now. Even started a platter that I hope ends up like a four petal flower, not to sure how that one will turn out, not even sure when it will get finished, tomorrow sees the start of the cabinet. Ahhhh, she's a good kid worth the effort ;)
Jim

ss_11000
25th July 2006, 09:14 PM
well done...brilliant work, very cool.

Fireman sam
25th July 2006, 09:32 PM
very good work:)
ANDREW

Skew ChiDAMN!!
25th July 2006, 09:52 PM
You're depressed? Think how I feel... all ready to venture forth into the realm of segmented work then coming across your pix. "Depressed" doesn't even start to cover it; just call me Marvin. "Don't talk to me about depressed" :(

Hope she likes your china cabinet enough that she wants several more and keeps you away from seg work for several years... :p

Seriously nice work, BTW. :D:D

TTIT
26th July 2006, 09:21 AM
Do you ever screw one up Jim? :confused::eek::D As always, beautiful work - has an Inca/Aztec look about it. About time for another WIP though - I'm having trouble seeing how the techniques you showed us earlier would apply to this piece :confused:

lubbing5cherubs
26th July 2006, 09:42 AM
beautiful job
Toni

hughie
26th July 2006, 11:13 AM
[. About time for another WIP though - I'm having trouble seeing how the techniques you showed us earlier would apply to this piece :confused:
[/quote]

I am with you on that, :confused: got me wonderding on how its all set out to gain the patterns he does.

But when its all said and one, its a fine piece of work, another original master piece from Jim

hughie

Terry B
26th July 2006, 01:36 PM
Depressing realizing I could never math this. Great work!!

cedar n silky
26th July 2006, 04:47 PM
Amazing, detailed work Jim. Might have a "crack at it" one day, but I'd better learn to turn "regular" bowls first!!;)

Auzzie turner
26th July 2006, 07:48 PM
THat is a really spectacular bowl. As well it being over 300mm, that is good in itself, because usually segmented work is only in minatures

Tassie Boy
26th July 2006, 08:43 PM
That is truely amazing mate!!
inspiration to us all..

Skew ChiDAMN!!
26th July 2006, 08:49 PM
THat is a really spectacular bowl. As well it being over 300mm, that is good in itself, because usually segmented work is only in minatures

I just gotta ask... what makes you think that? :confused:

John Saxton
26th July 2006, 08:58 PM
THANKS Jim, for sharing that with us ..truly a work of art and of course worth a greenie.

Cheers:)

powderpost
26th July 2006, 09:36 PM
Thank you for all the nice remarks... SWMBO has advised after much brown nosing, that one more project is in order. Sorry Skew.. :D
John, thanks for the greenie. It is only very recently I have found out about these.
TT.. & Hughie, Yes I do screw up, mostly because I am too bloody impatient and don't wait long enough for the glue to set properly. Often the "theory" solution just doesn't work. These last two bowls were made using a different technique from the platters, and I will take some progressive photos of the next one. Although I am not sure that it will help because the effects are not apparant until the piece has been turned. The next one is a bottle shape, already on the drawing board. It will be a combination of the last two plus staveconstruction. Getting a bit cocky now. Usually when that happens, Murphy very effectively takes the wind out of my sails.:o
Jim

hughie
27th July 2006, 01:57 AM
Yes I do screw up, mostly because I am too bloody impatient and don't t

two plus staveconstruction. Getting a bit cocky now. Usually when that happens, Murphy very effectively takes the wind out of my sails.:o
Jim
[/QUOTE]

Yep, me and murphy go way back................:D hughie