PDA

View Full Version : Help on costs

La truciolara
29th July 2006, 01:30 AM
I used to buy the bed extension for the Vicmarc 300 from Vermerc.
the price increased by 35% "due to raw material and labour cost increase".
Is the situation that bad in Australia</ST1:p?
I am considering to have them made here if the risk of further price increase exists.

journeyman Mick
29th July 2006, 12:56 PM
I know that because of the high demand for steel from us by China that the local steel producer has been hitting its customers with three price increases per year. This has been happening for a while now.:(

Mick

Clinton1
29th July 2006, 01:19 PM
Fuel cost increases are starting to be reflected in retail pricing as well.
I believe that manufacturers and retailers have refrained from increasing prices due to fuel costs for some time, so the current price increases reflect a number of 'retail' fuel price increases.

hughie
29th July 2006, 05:43 PM
the price increased by 35% "due to raw material and labour cost increase".
Is the situation that bad in Australia</ST1:p?
I am considering to have them made here if the risk of further price increase exists.
[/QUOTE]

Claude,

The cost of living/living standard etc here is quite high and this is reflected in the higher prices for local manufactured goods. This is exacerbated by a lack of suitable trades people. We are having to recruit trades people from overseas through a large immigration drive.
Chuck in world oil prices and China's amazing thirst for raw materials. Not to mention your a million miles aways from us as well.

Getting it locally made at your end would be the way to go

Stu in Tokyo
29th July 2006, 07:56 PM
Claude,

The cost of living/living standard etc here is quite high and this is reflected in the higher prices for local manufactured goods. This is exacerbated by a lack of suitable trades people. We are having to recruit trades people from overseas through a large immigration drive.
Chuck in world oil prices and China's amazing thirst for raw materials. Not to mention your a million miles aways from us as well.

Getting it locally made at your end would be the way to go

I'd get it made locally too, that way, you can make it the size you want/need, and you could add a few thing to it that may not be on the stock extension.

Cheers!

PS, if you do get one make locally, show us a pic or two! :D

La truciolara
1st August 2006, 06:18 PM
Thank you too all of you.
Well, I am so sorry of what is happening… and I’m afraid I will have made them locally, because when I compute the original cost to Vermec $ 395, plus transport costs from the other side of the world, plus custom duties, plus local Italian tax, this little tailstock swivel attachment costs as much as a VL100 lathe!!!
I’ll sure show you a pic if you want too, but it won’t be any different from Vermec’s …<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>