PDA

View Full Version : Terminology for Stuart!!

Wood Butcher
7th August 2006, 11:07 PM
Ok Stuart,

The first one was a spur drive
The second one is a scroll chuck

and if anyone is wondering where the ones are download stu's GMC lathe video!

Stuart
7th August 2006, 11:20 PM
Thanks Rowan - I seriously didn't have a clue! I just use them :)

chrisb691
7th August 2006, 11:22 PM
Ok Stuart,

The first one was a spur drive
The second one is a scroll chuck

and if anyone is wondering where the ones are download stu's GMC lathe video!

And the round mounting plate is a face plate. And we're not even going near all the 'this' and 'that' bits down on the tailstock end. :D

My GMC is fitted with a 1" X 10tpi drive shaft, which is bog standard. Maybe GMC switched designs during the lathe's evolution.

Stuart
7th August 2006, 11:24 PM
Stu GMC Lathe Chucks (see Stu's vomiting lathe!)
If anyone is willing to give me a better one, I will video the result of my GMC lathe meeting the Triton Steel Cutter (or a gas axe)!

Unfortunately, until then, its the best I can afford :(

Hmm - I'd be surprised if the did - they haven't changed the 4 jaw to my knowledge, so perhaps the adapter I need will be a stock standard item as well?

Gumby
7th August 2006, 11:25 PM
Same here. I have all these square sheets of thin cardboard stuff with gains of sand or glass all over them and some are much rougher than others. I have nfi what it's called, I just use it too. :D It's great for removing timber or paint. ;)

Stuart
7th August 2006, 11:45 PM
Sounds like they are dirty - should wash them or something before using em Gumby - who wants to rub their project with broken glass or sand :(

;)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
8th August 2006, 12:15 AM
Same here. I have all these square sheets of thin cardboard stuff with gains of sand or glass all over them and some are much rougher than others. I have nfi what it's called, I just use it too. :D It's great for removing timber or paint. ;)

So YOU'RE the rotten mongrel who nicked all the loo paper from Pucka?

My butt and I just wanna say... THANK YOU! :D

Stuart
8th August 2006, 02:05 AM
Why is there paint on your butt Skew? Or is it the smooth feeling of sand or fine glass impregnated paper you like? ;)

rsser
8th August 2006, 09:22 PM
the point of that paper, used down the grades, is to get your haemarroids to the point when you can finish with Shellawax Glow ;-}

scooter
8th August 2006, 10:13 PM
I thought that was what the $H1THOT waxstik was for? :confused: ;)

chrisb691
8th August 2006, 11:10 PM

Damm. I thought the sand was some sort of contamination, and I've been scraping it off with a chisel. :o Probably wasn't the best thing to use though, blurry thing got so sharp I cut myself. Scary!! :D

Stuart
9th August 2006, 12:05 AM
I'll make sure to stay well away from that then!

Nice one :)

OGYT
9th August 2006, 10:24 AM
Okay, Stu... or Woodbutcher... I'll bite. Where do I locate Stu's GMC Lathe video?

Wood Butcher
9th August 2006, 03:24 PM
Its one of the forum videos currently being shared Have a look here for more info!
Links to Ubeaut Forum's Woodworking Videos (http://woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=35496)

And for the original thread

Woodworking Videos by forum members (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=35346)

Gumby
9th August 2006, 04:32 PM
Woodworking Videos by forum members (http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=35346)

It would take more than one lifetime to read that thread now. ;)