PDA

View Full Version : Cameron Potter

jmk89
22nd August 2006, 05:21 PM
Others may have noticed, as I have, that we haven't heard recently from Cameron Potter (last post 3 July).

I for one miss his contributions.

Has anyone heard from Cam or know what he is up to, or has he just disappeared into the ether?

Cheers

Jeremy

Felder
22nd August 2006, 05:28 PM
He's at Hogwarts at the moment, learning new magic with which to defeat Lord Voldemort. He should be back amongst us muggles at the end of term.

Oh wait....that's his brother.

Cameron moved to Seattle. I don't think they have the internet in Seattle yet....:rolleyes:

jmk89
23rd August 2006, 09:11 AM
I tried Cam's e-mail yesterday and got the following reply, which you may be interested in. It is a pretty sad story when he gets a place with no room for a shed and is working so hard that he can't even think of woodwork [or the Forum].

I have not put in Cam's current e-mail in the quote from his e-mail to me for obvious reasons. I will however ask him if I can give it to Forum members who PM me for it (don't PM me yet, wait until the lad has a chance to consider....): Anyway over to Cam:

"Hi,
Great to hear from you. I am going OK but VERY busy. It is amazing how hard it is to get the necessary stuff for living when you are working full time and don't even have a car yet...
That is why I haven't got onto the forums for a long time. I keep on thinking about it, but there is always something more pressing. Also, I might just get depressed... I could find a place that had a shed here (within a close distance and reasonable price range) and so I don't have the space to do any real woodie stuff. However, I may try to restore some furniture in the middle of my living room floor (when I get enough time for leisure).
I have also pondered the idea of getting a small lathe and a generator and putting them in the back of a ute and going off into the sticks and doing a bit of turning, but that obviously wouldn't be an everyday thing.
I suspect that my woodwork will have to be shelved for a bit until I find a better place (or bite the bullet and agree to a long commute).
Also, I am slowly trying to stop using this email address, so my new one is [deleted]
How is everything going with you?
Cam"

Andy Mac
23rd August 2006, 09:35 AM
I was wondering what happened to him. In fact, everytime I use the pencil he made!
Let that be a warning to others about getting a post grad degree.....results in a real job!!?:D

All the best to him in Seattle.:)

Cheers,

jmk89
24th August 2006, 09:23 AM
Good news - I had an e-mail from Cameron and once he gets his broadband connection at home he will be communicating with us again!

He mentioned that he is going to do some furniture restoring:

As for the furniture, I picked up my first project last night. Here people put garbage that might be useful to others on the footpath and it is free if you take it away. I got a really nice old chair in need of some love last night and thus I have my first project. It should be - interesting - as I don't have any of the proper tools (those with power) that I am used to at home.

I might put a couple of pics on the site of the chair before and after, showing that it doesn't take power tools to take a broken down old chair with hope and convert it into a broken down old chair that is now beyond repair... ;o)

Ahhh, thanks for pasting my reply on the site too. I will certainly get on when I get internet at home, but I shouldn't really do it here from work...

I am more than happy for people to contact me, but as I said, in a week or two (once the internet cable is connected) I will be online myself anyway (and grumbling about general lack of woodwork being produced by me).

ss_11000
24th August 2006, 10:09 PM
been wondering bout him, quite a few times i have been going to send a pm, but never got round to it, good to hear its okay

ian
24th August 2006, 10:21 PM
Tell Cameron not to dispair and share this pick of my current work bench with him

ian

Tonyz
26th August 2006, 04:49 PM
Oh look Ian s goy his own 'oscars' top right of picture .... der ummm
Tonto