PDA

View Full Version : bandsaw blade NOT running true...

Kev Y.
11th January 2002, 05:15 PM
Hi all, hope some one can help..

I own a RYOBI bandsaw- with a 7" throat -, the problem I am having is tat no matter how much I fiddle I can not get the blade to run true.

What can I do to overcome this problem?

Rod Smith
11th January 2002, 10:24 PM
G'day
Probably the easiest advice is to go to a library and get a book on bandsaws and follow the steps for tuning. This involves aligning and truing and crowning the wheels.
Also checking and setting the guides.
Mark Duginske has written a good book or 2 on the subject, but any will probably give you the info.
cheers
Rod

Rod Smith
11th January 2002, 10:27 PM
Oh, also
Although I do have a couple of ryobi tools that are good, maybe the saw is never going to do what you want it to? I wouldn't know, but it seems a little doubtful. Maybe someone else can comment about that.
Cheers
Rod

RETIRED
12th January 2002, 12:36 AM
Gooday.

If you go to the top of the page and press search, type in "bandsaws" and press search, there are numerous articles on tuning bandsaws.

------------------
Ian () Robertson
"We do good turns every day"

Kev Y.
13th January 2002, 10:15 AM
Thanks all. I will start with the "blunt" suggestion first, I guess it could be time for a new blade, after that I will start on the archive articles.

Kev.

warren
14th January 2002, 09:32 PM
The web site below provides a lot of very detailed information on tuning a bandsaw
http://www.tdl.com/~swensen/machines/bandsaw/bandsaw.html

Cheers

Warren

Kev Y.
26th January 2002, 01:14 PM
thanks to everyone, I finaly got that new blade yesterday, fitted it last night, which was possably not the smartest move to make but!!!!.

Tried it out today and after a few minor adjustment.. guess what.. it CUTS STRAIGHT http://ubb.ubeaut.com.au/ubb/biggrin.gif

kev.

Richard Casey
26th January 2002, 09:03 PM
Kev, the next thing you need to do is to be able to recognise when the blade is getting blunt. I keep a stock of 50 x 50 hardwood at the saw and I count in seconds how long it takes to dock a piece with the same amount of feed each time. With a bit of practice you will get a feel for it. After cutting for a few hours you dont realize the blade has gone blunt.
Best of luck.
BANDSAW. Greatest power tool ever.