PDA

View Full Version : can you help

davos2006
10th September 2006, 06:24 PM
hi guys, im looking to make a smallish dining table and need to buy 4 @ turned legs to suit. does anybody know of where i may be able to purchase please? im in the pakenham/berwick area?
the table is approx 1500 by 750 by 900 high :confused:

Touchwood
11th September 2006, 01:13 AM
Hi, I have seen some turned legs on the shelves at Bunnings (opps Bunnies to the Forum I believe);) I can't remember if they were 900 though - just remember thinking 'boy, all the time I spent getting them the same and you can just buy them!!' I would suggest they were available in any wood provided you wanted pine:p

JD

davos2006
11th September 2006, 08:59 AM
thanx for that,ill have a look to see what they have

Chesand
11th September 2006, 02:20 PM
Try www.cornalls.com.au
Not in your area but have a wide range of pre turned legs.

Hickory
12th September 2006, 02:26 AM
Take a look at: http://www.vandykes.com/ Do a search on "Table Leg" They have a host of legs and other accessories. PLus.... The whole catalog is full of furniture supplies and period furnishing and finds.

davos2006
12th September 2006, 09:53 AM
thanx for that guys ...
i also made a 4 door and drawer buffet but dont no how to put onto here to show

JackoH
12th September 2006, 04:32 PM
Try the Peninsula Woodturners (Frankston. Linked from this sites home page.)
They would probably have someone there who would be prepared to turn them up to your specified size and design. Failing that there may be a wood turners club even closer to you.

RETIRED
12th September 2006, 05:26 PM
Or perhaps one of the forum members????? Gee, just a thought.

Iain
12th September 2006, 05:44 PM
Van Steensel in Officer may have what you are after, just opposite the pedestrian lights.
Failing that there is a pro turner in Tooradin but he is very expensive:rolleyes:

Christopha
12th September 2006, 06:04 PM
Van Steensel in Officer may have what you are after, just opposite the pedestrian lights.
Failing that there is a pro turner in Tooradin but he is very expensive:rolleyes:
But very polished, incredibly sexy, unbelievably modest and somewhat elusive! But to watch him turn is pure poetry.... a limerick is potery innit? ;)

Baz
12th September 2006, 10:38 PM
900 is a bit high for a table, standard table height is around 750. I would make sure of the height required before getting someone to make them for you.
Cheers
Barry