PDA

View Full Version : lots of rain this week, so!

cedar n silky
13th September 2006, 10:24 PM
Iv'e been busy in the shed for a day or two, and turned my first natural edge bowl. (Don't know what the wood is? I found a log of it washed down in a flood about 20 years ago- Not hard- nice to turn- some sort of rainforest tree) Also turned some comphor- My first egg cups, and some of my chook eggs!!:D

Touchwood
13th September 2006, 10:31 PM
Lovely wood - great grain colour variation. Well done - have to find out what sort of wood it is.
What sort of 'girls' (hens) do you have? Lost one of mine to the #$%^&** fox yesterday :mad: :mad: :mad:

JD

cedar n silky
13th September 2006, 10:35 PM
Yeh I will try and find out, now that I have finally turned something out of it. My hens are Ica browns and blacks- good layers apparantly. Not had them long, but seem to be doing what there supposed too. Started letting them out in the last couple of days (in the arvo) and nearly lost one to a Grey goss hawk.:)

Cliff Rogers
13th September 2006, 10:48 PM
I don't know what the dark one is but that is a nice piece of Camphor Laurel that you have there.

ss_11000
13th September 2006, 10:56 PM
nice work mate.

TTIT
13th September 2006, 11:58 PM
Gonna have to have a look at this timber collection of yours one day!:D Nice work Silky.:) Don't ya hate when it comes up nice and you have no idea what it is so you can get some more:(

Gil Jones
14th September 2006, 04:39 AM
Great looking bowls and egg cups!! You did a fine job with the curves, and the finish is looks smooth, but not too shiny, Well Done! Camphor is one of my favorites, love that smell. The dark one looks like Walnut (does it grow there?), or maybe Unk tree wood.

RufflyRustic
14th September 2006, 09:40 AM
Beautiful work. Love the shape of the egg cups. There's nothing worse than an unbalanced egg cup and yours look to be just right!

Cheers
Wendy

hughie
14th September 2006, 11:14 AM
I don't know what the dark one is but that is a nice piece of Camphor Laurel that you have there

I agree, nice looking camphor bowls, cant help on the other tho'

OGYT
14th September 2006, 01:59 PM
Cedar, the dark one looks to be Black Walnut. Just like some I have had.
Sure do like the camphor bowls and the egg cups, too!