PDA

View Full Version : Jepson Lathe

mjford
14th September 2006, 08:12 AM
High All
I have been offered a "Jepson" lathe, speed 500-2000rpm,750w motor, spindle hight 185mm. I did a Google search and could find Jepson but no lathes. Can anyone tell me about them quality wise, popularity, availability of parts, wether other heads will fit, if they are expensive or not, and who sells them.
Thanks in advance.

Hickory
14th September 2006, 08:38 AM
High All
I have been offered a "Jepson" lathe,

Offered as a gift or offered to sell? If it is a gift then you would be an A***ole to ask those questions... Offered to sell, would depend on the price...

Jim Carroll
14th September 2006, 09:15 AM
Jepson lathes are the same lathe as all the other manufacturers in the MC900 range. Have a look around at what they are selling new for and offer a 1/4 of that as you price or less.
If it is free then you have no worries. Take it use it then when ready pass it on to the next person and buy a good lathe.

Parts are similar to what is available some may fit some wont.

BernieP
14th September 2006, 05:13 PM
G'day
I have a Jepson MC1100 I find at this stage suits me fine, as Jim said look at the CarbaTech same lathe different motor.

mjford
15th September 2006, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the replies Guy's
The lathe is part of a deceased estate and they want to much for it ($600) without accessories, so I will give it a miss.

hughie
16th September 2006, 10:22 PM
The lathe is part of a deceased estate and they want to much for it ($600) without accessories, so I will give it a miss.

Most definitely! Carbatec around 400....new

masoth
17th September 2006, 12:23 AM
Thanks for the replies Guy's

Far too costly - a new 1100 doesn't cost that much.

Soth