PDA

View Full Version : Woodturning Pics section ?

Lignum
24th September 2006, 01:04 AM
As much as woodturning dosnt realy interest me, how come you mob dont have a seperate pics section to show what you do?

Skew ChiDAMN!!
24th September 2006, 01:11 AM
'Cos we like to talk so much about what we're looking at. :D

It wouldn't be a "pix" thread... it'd be a "talking about pix" thread which, when you think about it, is what we have right now. ;)

Lignum
24th September 2006, 01:54 AM
Fair enough....lol

Wild Dingo
24th September 2006, 02:29 AM
Ive often thought the same thing... then I thought maybe I better let or Neil know that we need a separate pics section for the woodturners... then sanity hit again as it does on rare occasions and I decided buggar it they dont need one!!

I mean come on could you imagine it?!!

There'd be all these nippers comin on cause that shockingly good at woodturnin wombat young Joash would be hootin an howlin tossin up all his wonderous works and his young mates would come onboard and show off theirs...

HELL thered be no room for us old pharts to post our wee attempts to emulate their works!! :eek: It would cause mayhem and chaos beyond our meagre understanding!! :rolleyes: so I carefull packed those thoughts into the old FORGEDDABOUDIT basket right next to the DUMBASSHYTE bin and ignored myself... it worked!!

But I see youve been raiding the FORGEDDABOUDIT basket mate... so I guess its overflowing again so if you dont mind please toss it back in so I can take it out and burn it tomorrow? Cheers ol son

Now you do realize that we will have to get or Neil to put a majik hex on this thread so that the young woodturnin wombat doesnt see it!! ;)

Cheers
Shane

OGYT
24th September 2006, 08:33 AM
Almost fell outa my chair. You hit it, Shane!!!

Now, why ain't you interested in woodturnin', Lignum. The name says you oughta be a turner. :o)

Krank
24th September 2006, 10:04 AM
Well said Shane! LOL!

But, I do think its a good idea for a pics section. Not neccissarily as a brag and bost posting, but as a critique and comment post. I think it would be great to see the progress of members, going from "Gee thats a pretty.... uhmmm...what is it?...." to "Damn! Thats a fine lookin' piece mate!"

Could it be set up as each member can post say 5 pics? As more are uploaded the oldest ones get bumped out? So we can show our most current 5 pieces at any one time?

I think having pics up will lead to more questions being made. Maybe tutorials can accompany some of the pics (via email?).

Cheers, Krank

RETIRED
24th September 2006, 10:21 AM
We already have a woodworking Pics section. Most turners post their pictures in this section. We don't need another one.