PDA

View Full Version : Anyone make shakuhaci's?

ohno
6th October 2006, 09:11 PM
I've made a few inprecise ones but would love to talk to someone who knows about creating them with proper tuning

Ta.
Ben

kiwigeo
7th October 2006, 03:39 PM
Riley Lee the Ozzie Shakuhachi guru. He'd be the guy to talk to. Ive got a few contacts to the Japanese music world via my wife. Will try and get some contacts for you.

ohno
8th October 2006, 09:22 AM
Riley Lee the Ozzie Shakuhachi guru. He'd be the guy to talk to. Ive got a few contacts to the Japanese music world via my wife. Will try and get some contacts for you.

I know of a guy, David Brown, who works at Monslevat, Melbourne who make them and has supplied Riley with them. The trouble is, this guy hates technology so doesnt have email or anything handy.

If you can track down someone who is online that i can casually email back and forth with, that would be great.

Cheers.
Ben

myguitar
9th October 2006, 07:57 PM
Hi,
I know David Brown as well. He is at Montsalvat where I made my guitar. I spent some time with him on how to play one, he does make Riley Lee's flutes, and he is very technical about the process. You are only in bulleen maybe you should go and see him. He would be the only guru I know of.

Good Luck

My Guitar. :)