PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Pen Swap Giveaway

Pages : [1] 2

dazzler
8th October 2006, 08:45 PM
Hi Pen People

Now that we are approaching the end of the year it is time to think about what to do with all our pens (and keyrings/letteropeners :p ).

Just a reminder that I am referring to 1 of the 2 pens that we make each month.

The original thought was to give them away to the needy or to sell them and pass that cash on.

So suggestions on how we should go about this.

Once we have let this run a bit I will post a poll with the most popular suggestions and go from there. :D

cheers

dazzler

dazzler
8th October 2006, 08:52 PM
Hey

My thoughts are that we send them all to someone linked to a service club - lions/apex etc - and get them to have a stall where they can sell them and then use the funds for a good cause - toys for a hospital ward or similar.

I imagine there would be someone among us who would belong to a club like this.

Cheers

dazzler

Skew ChiDAMN!!
8th October 2006, 09:16 PM
Awww... do we have to? I've grown attached to them... :o

Just joking. I like the idea of donating them to a club for fund-raising as they see fit. I'm not particularly interested in selling pens per se and don't go out of my way to sell mine. Most are sold simply on a chance remark... "Nice pen! Where did you get it?" :)

Mind you, I have had to duplicate some from the penswap as I wasn't sure what was going to happen with the originals. One or two I could've already sold a dozen times over. ;)

DJ’s Timber
8th October 2006, 09:35 PM
We could sell them to Forum members if there is enough interest and then donate money to a charity

lubbing5cherubs
8th October 2006, 09:59 PM
What about a Ronald Mcdonald house for the kids to draw with while they are sick for another idea to throw out there.
Toni

dai sensei
8th October 2006, 10:04 PM
At a stall you'll get market (as in trash & treasure) prices. Maybe better for one of our ebay sellers on this forum to sell them there - noting it is for charity. Then all we have to do is work out which charity or charities. Personally I like kids with cancer - but I'm not particularly fussed.

soundman
8th October 2006, 10:11 PM
service clubs might be a go... because they usualy have business people in them that appericiate nice stuff like a real good pen.

No matter what we need to make sure that the sellers understand the quality and value of the item and arent going to flog them off at $5 each.

Some of us will have used up market mechs or done clever stuff...... on the other hand some of the pens might be......"interesting".
We need to have some method of establishing a reasonable value and selling price.

cheers

Touchwood
8th October 2006, 10:24 PM
Maybe better for one of our ebay sellers on this forum to sell them there - noting it is for charity

not really fused one way or another, however the ebay way would help share the cost of getting them to the buyer - each of us responsible for the mailing after 'someone' cordinates the money side of things. Keeping the payments in one place would be a good idea IMHO.

service clubs might be a go... because they usualy have business people in them that appericiate nice stuff like a real good pen.

this also has merit - particularly if the service club members have had a few 'liquid refreshements', who knows how much they might sell for!!

One or two I could've already sold a dozen times over me too, but maybe not a dozen - don;t have that many friends:( :( - just joking, when I've taken them to work to show the real wood workers they have been ohhed and arred at.:p

JD

soundman
8th October 2006, 10:44 PM
I've never tried selling pens on ebay..... occurs to me there may be better ways...... also fees will chew up some of the funds.

cheers

RufflyRustic
9th October 2006, 10:49 AM
My Building here at work is holding a craft display on 1 November. I wouldn't mind having some of your amazing pens on hand to compliment my leather notebook covers.

I could pre-purchase the pens and then on-sell for the same price. Or something similar perhaps?

cheers
Wendy

Skew ChiDAMN!!
9th October 2006, 06:10 PM
How 'bout we all just post 'em to Dazzler and leave it in his lap. He's the one who's responsible for getting us hooked in the first place, after all... ;):D

But seriously, I think it'd be best if we could convince someone to volunteer to be in charge of sales/distribution. No matter whether we each sell our pens and forward the cash on to them, or just send 'em our pens so they're all in the one place.

Volunteers, anybody? Now, everybody whose name doesn't start with "Daz" and end with "ler," take one step back... :p

soundman
9th October 2006, 07:13 PM
One other option is to chew on it bit by bit.
Wendy recons she could shift some pens.... so lets nominate a charity and let her nominate how many pens she recons she can shift.... then get some pens to her.

Ok Wendy how many pens do you think you can shift and any ideas on a suitable charity.

cheers

lubbing5cherubs
9th October 2006, 07:24 PM
any ideas on a suitable charity.

cheers

I still reckon the charity should be for kids. Sick kids or disabled or sporting wheelies
bye
Toni

dazzler
9th October 2006, 07:46 PM
I like all the ideas so far....how diplomatic.:D

I will speak with my brother who is in a service club and see what they could do.

cheers

relzzad

soundman
9th October 2006, 09:53 PM
Here's a thaught.

I recon anyperson willing and able to sell the pens for a reasonable rate should be able to put their case forward, and the proceeds should go to the charity they nominate...all proper paperwork provided.... and donours agreeing.

cheers

chrisb691
9th October 2006, 10:35 PM
I would prefer a kids type benefit, but will go with the majority. I'll send my pens to whoever is able/willing to handle them.

As is well known, I've had a few problems with a couple of the themes. So, if no one objects, I'll swap the ones that I wasn't really happy with, with other ones that are better quality.

RufflyRustic
10th October 2006, 09:57 AM
Thanks Soundman

I think 10 pens would be good. It they don't sell, then I'd be inclined to purchase them myself as gifts - yep, everyone might be getting a notebook cover and pen this year :)

the hard bit will come when trying to decide what pens to sell/give and what pens to keep for myself :eek: ;) :)

Charity - I prefer a child-related charity too, this time round. Would anyone care to name a few?

Thanks
Wendy

soundman
11th October 2006, 12:45 AM
Abused child trust.
Childrens hospital apeal

I'm personaly not real keen on the childrens charities as they are very well supported and there are a lot of charities, particularly medical ones that are not trendy or touchy feely that are undersupported.

but hey there are plenty of pens to go round and 10 pens at a conservative average of $20 still make a substantial donation.

Lets say Wendy is the first charity facilitator.
I will be sending two pens... already have the P.O. box address.

cheers

lubbing5cherubs
11th October 2006, 01:17 AM
ronald Mcdonald house. Or the flying doctors. To help buy the teddy bears they give the kids when they get hurt. I know when My baby had to be flown in to Townsville they were brilliant and in the outback they are vital. especially way the hospitals are getting less and less funding. we are going to need them more
bye Toni

soundman
11th October 2006, 01:26 AM
I have no problem with the flying quack..... been doing good work for many years.... australian.
Rural firebrigades probaly aren't a bad choice either.

cheers

tashammer
11th October 2006, 01:58 AM
I have no problem with the flying quack..... been doing good work for many years.... australian.
Rural firebrigades probaly aren't a bad choice either.

cheers

rural fire brigades are a very good choice - there is always a shortage of gear. It's amazing how much gets knocked off by sightseers at fires.

RufflyRustic
11th October 2006, 09:34 AM
Rural FireBrigages, Ronald McDonal House, The Flying Doctors

three good choices

Thanks!

PM me if you'd like me to sell some of your pens.

cheers
Wendy

Froggie40
11th October 2006, 11:29 AM
Although I am not part of the pen swap yet I still have a suggestion about what to do with any funds raised, Perhaps something like Camp Quality which helps kids with cancer. I think I could manage to part with 5 pens out of the 150 that I have made for a worthwhile cause. let me know where to send them. Here is another suggestion I would be more than willing to put a page on our website containing the pens that are up for sale for charity, perhaps we could set it up like an auction for the pens with money to go to selected charity of the month.

Just a thought.

Brett

fxst
11th October 2006, 02:48 PM
I think Froggie has the answer :D CanTeen or Camp Quality or an arthritus foundation (as even kids get it) is my choice ...ronald mc donald house no way that company sells food that can is one of the major causes of obesity in kids and actually targets kids in their ads and then gets the clown to set up a house to do the feel good thing. :mad:
Happy with the rest of the choices and I reckon Froggie's offer is too good to give up ...Onya Froggie:D
Pete
My opinion only

Auzzie turner
11th October 2006, 02:59 PM
I would'nt mind putting an article/page/etc: on my website about these pens, the same as Froggie

ss_11000
11th October 2006, 03:06 PM
i rekon cancer council or a kiddies charity is best.

i wouldn't mind sending off my pens ( and keyrings ) to some one.

cheers

Froggie40
11th October 2006, 03:26 PM
Thanks Pete
It is our intention also to attend various markets throughout Sydney to sell our products so we could use that as an outlet also. I am sure that if I was to make up a display of pens with a sign saying that the money is donated to Canteen that they would sell very well.

Brett

Touchwood
11th October 2006, 03:43 PM
Camp Quality which helps kids with cancer

good call ... as a Chalkie myself, I have attended way too many funerals of students who had cancer and the like ..

PM me if you'd like me to sell some of your pens.

too shy to suggest mine are worthy:o :o pls let me know if you would like them and I'll mail them

JD

RufflyRustic
11th October 2006, 04:11 PM
PMs sent - thank Guys

Perhaps the final decision of a charity should rest with the person selling the pens, but based on the wishes of the pen turners.

Froggie - great idea! Where ever and however we can reasonably raise funds sounds good.

Cheers
Wendy

Tassie Boy
11th October 2006, 10:03 PM
I would be happy to send mine to someone to sell them to a cause as mentioned above..

Give to the needy as they say!

dai sensei
11th October 2006, 10:11 PM
...a conservative average of $20 ...

:eek: These pens should fetch an absolute minimum of $20. We shouldn't sell ourselves short. I know I have been offered $50 for mine already. Raising money for charity, we should get more.

soundman
11th October 2006, 10:44 PM
OK chaps and chapettes... I recon the deal is this.

A person with a charity or an outlet in mind make an expression of interest.
stating how & where the pens will be sold.
nominating the charity they wish to support.
and how many pens they wish to sell.

it would probably be a good idea to nominate the quality level... price points they think their market is suited.

the donours ( thats us ) can then elect to support that cause and arrange to deliver pens to the "marketer"

The donour needs to express a realistic selling price.... must get $## try for $**.

Upon arrival the pens become the resopnsibility of the marketer. to be sold or returned as arranged with the donour.

After selling the pens the marketer shoud then post the selling prices and provide proof opf donation to their nominated charity.

It looks a bit like this.

So our first marketer is wendy.
she has stated that she will sell the pens at her work "craft exchange"
She has yet to nominate her prefered charity
she has stated that she will take 10 pens
she has stated that she will in all likelyhood purchase surplus.
I have offered two pens.. style and value to be decided.
she requires a further 8 pens to fill her quota

froggie has made an expression of interest but needs to supply details and in all likely hood will market continuing batches.

Ausie turne has made an expression of interest but needs to supply details.

This way we can spread the love arround and support charities we approve of thru a variety of channels.

what do you all recon.

cheers

Auzzie turner
11th October 2006, 10:55 PM
Ok, I will put an article on the front page, or I will make a complete new page on this subject. Since I am a woodturner, not a penturner, my pens are not to be seen any where near a gallery/sale:o

Anyway, any ideas come forth, and I will come up with something.

Joash

RufflyRustic
12th October 2006, 10:13 AM
Sounds great Soundman, especially posting a picture of the receipt.

I'm still not sure which charity yet, but I will let everyone know before I donate the funds raised.

Thank you for the offer of pens. I believe there will be plenty arriving in my PO Box in time for the craft display and for Christmas too.

As suggested, my pen suppliers :) have also nominated their selling price which is a great help.

Cheers
Wendy

ss_11000
12th October 2006, 11:58 AM
sounds good. my pens ( and keyrings ) have been organised (thanx wendy)

cheers

Skew ChiDAMN!!
12th October 2006, 04:11 PM
Hmmm... recently a lot of my posts seem to just disappear into thin air! :confused:

Anyways, I assume I missed the boat with Wendy, so what's the fallback plan? Is there any yet? Can't see any consensus as yet...

Auzzie turner
12th October 2006, 04:16 PM
Hmmm... recently a lot of my posts seem to just disappear into thin air! :confused:

Yes, I've found that to:confused:

dazzler
12th October 2006, 06:16 PM
Hi Everyone,

At the risk of getting up everyones nose can we please pull the reins back a little.

This thread was to discuss options, not to begin selling yet.

It would be sad to see it get fractured with small amounts going everywhich way.

There have been some very generous offers thus far. I would still like to run a poll so that an equitable decision is made.

cheers

Dazzler the jockey :D

Fireman sam
12th October 2006, 06:40 PM
Hi Everyone
I think dazzler has a good idea to run a poll I like the charities another one is thw resque helichopter services as well
Andrew

soundman
12th October 2006, 11:15 PM
I don't see any problem with the money going every which way at all.

As long as the marketers take say .... 10 pens.... that will make a decent donation to any chosen cause.

the additional advantage is that it dosn't load anybody up with an arduous responsibility of selling say 100 pens and all the fiddle that goes with it.

a further advantage is that it is easier to find agreement between 5 or 6 individuals who wish to support a certain charity.

As for the poll... it is ongoing......people voice their support by offering pens to a particular proposal.

the whole thing need a bit of a sand and polish followed by a coat of shellawax, but I thing this method can work and be fair and reasonable.

Wendy has expressed an interest and others have responded..... so lets call it a test case and see how it flies.
cheers

Sir Stinkalot
12th October 2006, 11:19 PM
Ahh the joys of donating to charity ...... not everybody can be satisfied and there will always be debate (disappointment, disillusionment). I for one am sending my pens to Wendy and she can do with them as she pleases.

Good luck with the sales Wendy ..... donate to whoever you like.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
12th October 2006, 11:31 PM
From memory, (what little I still seem to have) we're only in the 4th month of the swap now, correct? It started in July? So the most pens any of us have for charity is four, assuming being in from the start, no disasters and we're keeping one of each pair. There's... what, some 15 of us in the swap? Maybe more, now, but again from memory, there were only 14 back in August. So guessing at an average of 15 partici[pants overall, that'd give us a maximum of around 60 pens?

I'm not trying to make a point here, BTW, just trying to work out the rough figures. :)

60 is still a lot of pens to move; I've only once sat down to turn 50 pens at a time and once was more than enough. Never again! ;)

BTW, a pair of mine are heading Ruffly's way, too. If that ruffles anyone's feathers (no pun intended) I'm quite willing to send their counterparts to wherever as well. [shrug]

DanP
16th October 2006, 12:28 PM
I'm not in this pen swap thing but an idea for a charity...

http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=28714&highlight=disabled

Skewpid
18th October 2006, 02:39 AM
Our local school is having a fund raising auction coming up very soon.:) Yes, the funds raised will be to get more stuff for the kids etc, but still ... great to help the local community . .

Am I able to donate my pens to them?:confused: (Ive already donated a bunch of bowls and odds n sods) so they can sell? ... or are we waiting to send em all off to someone or all choose one charity . .

Anyway .. just saw myself a good oppertunity to help someone besides me for a change:D :D

Terry B
18th October 2006, 11:59 PM
I don't really care where the pens end up being sent. There are plently of charities to choose from including lots of medical ones.
As a medical person my only comment is that the big medical charities like the westpak heli are very good at sucking the limited funds available for donation leaving smaller worthy causes lacking.
I would rather see our effort going to someones local charity but don't care who.
Just my feelings

RufflyRustic
25th October 2006, 10:18 AM
Well, two lots of pens arrived safe and sound today. Many thanks !!!

I am now in the serious state of having to decide whether I can bear to part with them or not :rolleyes: :D i.e. The Pens Are Amazing!!!!!!! I don't think $20 is enough for them to be honest.

And, they are giving me a few ideas to play with matching some of the pens to the leather notepad covers too :)

Thanks again !!! I'm really looking forward to seeing what else arrives too.:)

cheers
Wendy

lubbing5cherubs
25th October 2006, 10:49 AM
have you got enough yet. I will post off mine too which will be 5 of them, I will wait til the end of this challenge so I can include it too
bye
Toni

soundman
25th October 2006, 11:54 AM
I'll be posting to you today wendy. cheers

RufflyRustic
25th October 2006, 01:12 PM
Hi Toni,

Thanks for the offer. I think I will have more than enough arriving, but we shall wait and see. If the pens sell well, I'll see if there's enough interest to get more closer to Christmas.

Thanks Soundman

Wendy

dai sensei
25th October 2006, 09:39 PM
I don't think $20 is enough for them to be honest...
cheers
Wendy

Dam straight - $40 min. I sell my laminates for up to $75, and that's with a plain slimeline kit.

RufflyRustic
26th October 2006, 09:49 AM
Here's a Q&D photo of a pen matching one of the A5 Leather notepad covers.

Looks pretty darn good, even for a poor photo :)

cheers
Wendy

lubbing5cherubs
26th October 2006, 10:04 AM
Cool Wendy that does look swish
Toni

DJ’s Timber
26th October 2006, 10:08 AM
Thats cool Wendy

RufflyRustic
26th October 2006, 12:48 PM
Thanks Toni and DJ!

Two more lots of pens have arrived! and these are just as outstanding as the others!!!

And!!! TA DAAA! I've already sold one of the keyrings and have another person very interested in one of the pens !!! :D

Off to a great start, let's hope it continues:)

Cheers
Wendy

ss_11000
26th October 2006, 03:48 PM
hope they sell good wendy.

btw. if you think the prices i told you were low, you can bump them up if you want.

Joash
26th October 2006, 04:01 PM
Ok, today or tommorow I will be putting an article on the pens. What should I say, and who should I refer to. Anyone give some comments I should put on?

Joash

Joash
27th October 2006, 12:14 AM
I am currently "renovating" my website. I have put an article of the pens that you guys are donating on the front page.

I wanted to put a few photos of some of the pens that people have been making, as samples, to provide a better view.

They will just be small icons in the article.

Who will volunteer to let me use their photographs on my website?

The photos will just be of the pens that have allready been placed on the forum.

Due acknowledgement will be provided

The next couple of people to respond, will have their photos on, and then I will finish it, and the photos will be on tonight.

First come first served,

Joash

DJ’s Timber
27th October 2006, 12:18 AM
Who will volunteer to let me use their photographs on my website?

The photos will just be of the pens that have allready been placed on the forum.

Due acknowledgement will be provided

Joash

Thats fine by me.

Joash
27th October 2006, 12:22 AM
Ok, they'll be on in a minute, looks like all the other guys are off, so probably just your photos on tonight:)

Sir Stinkalot
27th October 2006, 12:52 AM
You can have my photos from the first swap ..... the pens will be heading north however.

Joash
27th October 2006, 01:03 AM
Ok, see who else reples, and then put them on tommorow, till then see the article (http://joashwoodturning.bravehost.com), and see if I should change anything.

Scroll down the front page.

Joash
27th October 2006, 10:25 AM
Ok, do we have any more volunteers?

chrisb691
27th October 2006, 01:24 PM
I don't have a problem.:)

lubbing5cherubs
27th October 2006, 01:30 PM
you can add mine too if you like
Toni

Joash
27th October 2006, 01:31 PM
ok, I'll stick em on this arvo

Happy number 888 post:D

lubbing5cherubs
27th October 2006, 01:37 PM
haha, I never seen that..gee I am a chatterbox. I need to get a life. LOL
Toni

chrisb691
27th October 2006, 07:34 PM
Joash,

You seem to have a problem with layout on your front page.

Joash
27th October 2006, 07:52 PM
So can you post a screenshot of the problem? all fine on my end

lubbing5cherubs
27th October 2006, 08:05 PM
Joash the top of the page is empty. The poem thrown the rest down lower. You have to scroll right down a whole page before you see anything else on your site
Toni

Joash
27th October 2006, 08:10 PM
hmmmm, no screenshots?

Joash
27th October 2006, 08:14 PM
Can somebody go into control panel, and delete all their history, then reload the page. I think that is the problem. Since I majorly updated it last night, now the changes are not being shown, they are all mixed up, anyway, can somebody try that?

lubbing5cherubs
27th October 2006, 08:24 PM
joash, I don't know how to do screen shots or
I will. I deleted cookies and that it all still the same
Toni

DJ’s Timber
27th October 2006, 08:44 PM
Joash,

You seem to have a problem with layout on your front page.

So can you post a screenshot of the problem? all fine on my end

Joash the top of the page is empty. The poem thrown the rest down lower. You have to scroll right down a whole page before you see anything else on your site
Toni

Joash, they are talking about your website. The poem is a narrow vertical strip on the left and most of the screen on the right is blank, you have to scroll way down to see your info and alert.

Joash
27th October 2006, 09:50 PM
Ok, in simple english, I have gone through, reset everything,fixed it up, reloaded, and cleared cookies.

Try it now

lubbing5cherubs
27th October 2006, 09:52 PM
FIXED IT MATE
good job. Sorry we were not having a go at you . I did not know how do the page shot for you. but it is all fixed now
toni

Joash
27th October 2006, 10:07 PM
YEEEEEHAHHH!!:D

No, I knew you werent, was'nt your fault.

Glad you noticed it.

Will try to get your photos up soon,

Thanks again

Joash:)

chrisb691
27th October 2006, 10:12 PM
Ok, in simple english, I have gone through, reset everything,fixed it up, reloaded, and cleared cookies.

Try it now

Hi Joash,

I'm getting a script error on the page, and it's still not displaying correctly. Here's a screenshot. I'm using IE6

Joash
27th October 2006, 10:21 PM
try deleting cookies/history, then retry

Joash
27th October 2006, 10:26 PM
if there is somebody that has never seen my website, could you have a look, to see if there are problems? I still think it is after I updated, because all the old cookies are still trying to put in their info, when it is all updated.

Joash

DJ’s Timber
27th October 2006, 10:30 PM
try deleting cookies/history, then retry

I am getting the same as Chris too. I have deleted all my cookies, files, history and it's still the same

Joash
27th October 2006, 10:33 PM
sigh.....will try again

Joash
27th October 2006, 10:39 PM
Ok what are the links doing? Bowl gallery/the artist/etc: Are they the same?

Sorry about the bother

lubbing5cherubs
27th October 2006, 10:52 PM
Joash all the other pages are the same with the page starting below the scroll down bar thingy on the side of your page. so it looks like that photo posted above
bye
Toni

DJ’s Timber
27th October 2006, 10:57 PM
Ok what are the links doing? Bowl gallery/the artist/etc: Are they the same?

Sorry about the bother

Just had a quick look, your vases, links and info page are loading normal and the rest are the same as the home page

Joash
27th October 2006, 10:58 PM
Ok, I think I know what the problem is...........

Joash
27th October 2006, 11:06 PM
Ok, Try the homepage now

DJ’s Timber
27th October 2006, 11:09 PM
Ok, Try the homepage now
Thats better;)

Joash
27th October 2006, 11:12 PM
so it's all normal? I have removed the poem. Can you still see it? What about the other pages?

DJ’s Timber
27th October 2006, 11:14 PM
poem is gone, some of the others start at the bottom of the link part and some next to the links

Joash
27th October 2006, 11:16 PM
ok, the rest should be up soon, notice I said should......sigh

Touchwood
29th October 2006, 12:34 AM
Joash, if you want to use any of my photos, that's fine, but the pens have gone north ..

JD

Joash
29th October 2006, 06:25 PM
Ok, my site (http://joashwoodturning.bravehost.com) has been updated. I will be putting your photos up soon. Do you like it as it was before? Or now?

Note, my website has no traces of tracking that will invade your privacy in it.

ss_11000
29th October 2006, 07:41 PM
i rekon it looks better now, joash. ( ur site ).:)

lubbing5cherubs
30th October 2006, 04:00 PM
Here are my pens. But can you remind me what is the darker of the wood called. I like that wood..:D it finishes nice doesn't it?
Toni

DJ’s Timber
30th October 2006, 04:18 PM
They come up well Toni.
The yellowish one is Mulberry which is the one on the right and the one on the left is London Plane

Just notice that you're in the wrong thread Toni, you should be in the October swap thread

Skew ChiDAMN!!
30th October 2006, 08:28 PM
I think I've already said(probably quite a few times! :rolleyes: ) that I dislike the Americana kit and I don't know whether it's just the colouring of the photo or not... but your Americana is the first one I've seen that I've liked, Toni. :o

Maybe there is a place for the kit on my shelf after all...

RufflyRustic
31st October 2006, 01:08 PM
Charity Pen Sale Update:

$90 raised to date from the sale of 3 pens and one keyring. Seven pens, and one keyring left in stock to sell. I think a few more pens will be coming my way soon as well.

I've sold one item from each of the four pen turners.

Comments received so far:

http://www.ubeaut.biz/jawdrop.gif

Wow - a 14year old made them!! He's Good.

How do they do that?
Amazing,
Beautiful
I've just got to have this one..... Please don't let anyone else see it...
I'd like this one, but it's a little too thin.. so I'll have this one instead.

The Preference seems to be for thicker/fatter pens i.e. easier to hold and multi-coloured, multi-facetted.

The laminated pens are a real hot-seller, especially purpleheart with a light timber, eg huon, jacaranda etc.

Cheers
Wendy

Touchwood
31st October 2006, 01:48 PM
$90 raised to date from the sale of 3 pens and one keyring. Seven pens, and one keyring left in stock to sell. I think a few more pens will be coming my way soon as well.

Well done Wendy, :D :D keep up the great work.

presume my pens got there?

JD

dai sensei
31st October 2006, 01:51 PM
Good on you Wendy, good to see this thread back on track.

I have mentioned selling pens for charity here at work. We have various events to raise money for various charities and there is a BBQ coming up to raise money for Camp Quality. I have mentioned the pens and there is some interest to run an actual auction - to get more money hopefully. I'll let you know if I need more pens when I have more details.

ss_11000
31st October 2006, 02:46 PM
well done wendy, keep at it.