PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane wood turners

river rat
6th April 2003, 08:58 PM
I am coming to Brisbane in May and am interested in where to shop for tools and wood. I would be interested in how many wood turners are in the Brisbane area

Dean
7th April 2003, 08:37 AM
1. Carbatec (tools/wood) in Coorparoo
2. Hare and Forbes (tools) - Mt Gravatt (more industrial machinery though)
3. South East Qld Woodworking Supplies (good range of woods and turning supplies) at Yatala, near the Yatala pie shop half way between Brisbane and Gold Coast.
4. Usual Bunnings Outlets
5. Some place on Northside called "Tampico Tools" or something like that. Never been there so don't know.
6. Tradetools - have some woodworking machinery (sanders/bandsaws/drill press + supplies) - several locations in Brisbane.

There's a start for you anyway.

Carbatec is probably the best shop for woodies here though, but not always the cheapest.

ubeaut
7th April 2003, 10:26 AM
G'day River Rat - The Timber & Working With Wood Show is on in Brisbane 23rd - 25th May at the Show Grounds. It would be a good idea to pay a visit. You will find most of the woodturning outlets worth their salt will be there along with many of the clubs etc.

SE Qld Woodturning Supplies (Yatala) - Woodturning Supplies (the Gap) - Garry Pye Woodturning (Currumbin) -
U-Beaut Polishes (Melb) will all be there as well as the others mentioned above and many, many more.

If you are in Brisbane at the time of the show, it is a definite must.

Cheers - Neil. :)

Dean
7th April 2003, 01:05 PM
Last time I looked, Gary Pye was at Currumbin on the Gold Coast?

ubeaut
7th April 2003, 06:59 PM
Dean you are right. How embarrasinghttp://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/kopfpatsch.gif

So kind of you to point out my mistake. Thank you.

Dean
7th April 2003, 07:01 PM
Hehe,

Dont worry, I was questioning myself....
I thought maybe he had 2 outlets when you said Cooroy.