PDA

View Full Version : December pen swap

soundman
9th November 2006, 10:23 PM
:eek: :eek: No it isnt that time yet, just want to get ahead on preparations.
Will sombody send email me the list of participants so I can start packing.

The theme will be

GOMMER PYLE

SURprise SURprise SURprise

( someone explaint to the younger folk )

cheers

Stuart
9th November 2006, 10:26 PM
I don't get it?

Is it Gomer Pyle btw?

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/jim-nabors-c.jpg
http://www.stinging-nettle.net/gomer_pyle.jpeg

soundman
9th November 2006, 10:35 PM
Well sur prise, sur prise, sur prise.

Cause you will have to wait till you open your packets to find out what you've got.

If you can turn a pen that looks like Gomer more power to ya....... but pens realy need to be straight:D :D .

cheers

DJ’s Timber
9th November 2006, 10:46 PM
G'day Soundman

I have the current list on my puter at home, am currently on my folks one in Melbourne at the moment. Will be home on Saturday, will send you list then.

rowie
10th November 2006, 12:18 AM
Thanks DJBuddy

Skewpid
10th November 2006, 05:15 PM
If we are going to do a 'person' theme, would it not be a wee bit simpler to pick someone that had some distinguishing feature? ie .. ..... Dolly Parton :p :p

Just a thought:D

chrisb691
10th November 2006, 06:13 PM
Gawleeee (In best Gomer accent).

Skew ChiDAMN!!
10th November 2006, 07:21 PM
My Pyle Pen will probably end up more like Sgt. Bilco.... :D

lubbing5cherubs
10th November 2006, 08:42 PM
well I am one of them youngins obviously who is he?
Toni

Skew ChiDAMN!!
10th November 2006, 09:00 PM
:eek: Surely you jest? http://www.timvp.com/gomer.html

Terry B
10th November 2006, 09:07 PM
Toni
I am not that much older than you but do remember the apalling show in my childhood. Not sure what to make for a pen though.

lubbing5cherubs
10th November 2006, 09:30 PM
I did not have a tv growing up my mum and dad beleived might affect our brains... So no I am not jesting never heard of them. Even hubby said he has no idea.
Toni

ss_11000
11th November 2006, 11:11 AM
i'll probably have to sit out decembers swap. my week ends are full and i cant see myself doing much turning till january :(

Skewpid
11th November 2006, 01:10 PM
i'll probably have to sit out decembers swap. my week ends are full and i cant see myself doing much turning till january :(

Thats cool Stirlo, just send me all ya pen kits ... I'll do em fer ya:D

soundman
11th November 2006, 11:09 PM
I wasn't realy thinking actual gomer pens, more the "SURprise, SURprise, SURprise", or I supose "Go..ooo.ly".

I' fosicked out my selection yesterday, how many on the list at the moment.

cheers

DJ’s Timber
12th November 2006, 12:16 AM
I wasn't realy thinking actual gomer pens, more the "SURprise, SURprise, SURprise", or I supose "Go..ooo.ly".

I' fosicked out my selection yesterday, how many on the list at the moment.

cheers

G'say Soundman,

Still stuck in Melbourne :mad: , should be home about lunchtime Sunday fingers crossed :confused: .

From memory I think there is currently 18 or 19 of us, minus whoever is abstaining for the month :eek: .

Will send you e-mail as soon as I get home.

ss_11000
12th November 2006, 01:27 PM
Thats cool Stirlo, just send me all ya pen kits ... I'll do em fer ya:D
lol. i think they'll be right here:D

chrisb691
12th November 2006, 01:38 PM
Still stuck in Melbourne :mad:

Wash your mouth out with soap.:p

Skewpid
12th November 2006, 06:43 PM
lol. i think they'll be right here:D

:p wuz worth a go eh?

fxst
12th November 2006, 07:54 PM
Hey Soundy drop me off the dec list please. I'm still tryig to get to the October ones
Pete

ss_11000
13th November 2006, 03:38 PM
:p wuz worth a go eh?
its always worth a try:D

chrisb691
24th November 2006, 10:13 PM
Soundman, please drop me off the December list. :( I'm really struggling to find shed time these days.

PenTurner
25th November 2006, 08:32 AM
Toni, if I remember correctly, Gomer was a simple country boy in the Army(USA), spoke with a strong Accent "SURrrprise!SUrrprise!SUrrprise!" when something that was obvious to the viewer finally hit his understanding." He was a clean living, genuine, simple bloke whos somehow always won out against conniving, devious plans of his mates and superiors. Any way, that is all I can remeber, someone else may fill in or correst the details. Amos

laurie ann
25th November 2006, 12:51 PM
do you include us yanks from the USA or does it cost too much to ship? i would love to be included. i grew up with Gommer and even Andy :D

laurie ann

soundman
26th November 2006, 12:15 AM
I am the donour this month & will be posting 4 blanks. It would cost me about $7 australian..I think to post to the US.....I would be interested in doing 1 off swaps like for like with a limited number of overseas members this month, send me a PM.
cheers

lubbing5cherubs
26th November 2006, 01:30 AM
HI Laurie ann welcome to the board. nice to see you here
bye Toni

Skewpid
26th November 2006, 07:19 PM
Hey Soundman ...

Please take me off for this month .. Im just not gonna have time to do em!:(

Still havnt done the bleedin November ones yet! . . arrgghhh!

lubbing5cherubs
26th November 2006, 07:26 PM
yep I am going to miss only this month with christmas and what have you time is going to get less and less. Sorry soundman
Toni

soundman
26th November 2006, 09:56 PM
Well the job gets easier and easier:confused:

I will be packing and posting early next week ( I think) so post your ins or outs by monday night please.

cheers

DJ’s Timber
26th November 2006, 10:15 PM
At this rate we will only be left with a few :eek:

You can count me as in :cool:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
27th November 2006, 12:21 AM
I s'pose there's no point in putting my hand up for their blanks? :p

soundman
27th November 2006, 03:17 PM
so the list as it stands is

IN
skewchidamn
fireman sam
tassie boy
dazzler
touchwood
stuart
djstimber
terryb
di sensei
toasty
SOUNDMAN:D
monty
the yanchep kid.... sorry joash

OUT
skewpid
ss1100
fxst
chrisb691

NEW
laurie ann ... as a private swap.

cheers

BernieP
27th November 2006, 09:57 PM
G'Day Soundman

Would like to stick my hand up if ok not much good at pens but love to have a go, will PM my address, hope I'm not being pushy

Cheers
Bernie

soundman
28th November 2006, 03:52 PM
No problem bernie.... better be quick about it.
cheers

soundman
29th November 2006, 11:15 PM
I posted the December packages today.

I'll let you all open them up and speculate on the spicies for a week... then I'll tell you all what they are.

and you can all go....." Gooo.oooo.oolee, surprise, surprise surprise"

Everybody got three the same and one that is diferent for some.

cheers

dai sensei
2nd December 2006, 08:01 PM
Got mine Soundman, thanks. I haven't even done Nov yet, so I'd better get on with it.

Species - hmm, sheoak, black wattle, kwilla and ???. Actually, perhaps all ???, what do I know about timber:o :D

Stuart
2nd December 2006, 09:35 PM
Thanks soundman!

Been staring and staring - still can't see Gomer in them.....yet.
Perhaps after the 25th the % of blood in my alcohol system might have stabilised ;)

soundman
2nd December 2006, 10:06 PM
Neil you got two right....:D :D

Gommer....... put them all one on top of each other and you have a ........ Pyle.:D :D

cheers

Stuart
2nd December 2006, 10:08 PM
;)

Skew ChiDAMN!!
2nd December 2006, 11:13 PM
I wasn't gonna ask, it takes some of the fun outta it. But I really gotta know... what's the spalted one? Nice!

I think I worked out my pens for this month... I'm gonna make 'em outta radiata. Do I hear you ask "What about the blanks you supplied?"

Well, "Surprise, surprise!" :D:p

soundman
3rd December 2006, 09:45 PM
The spalted curly one is a surprise blank... not everybody got one of those...there are three different surprise blanks... at random...Even I cant remember who got what..... well goooo.ooo.ly.
A clue.... its not Australian... and you might have had some before.

cheers

lubbing5cherubs
3rd December 2006, 09:55 PM
awww not fair all this nice wood and I am missing out. :(
No serious I am looking forward to your surprises
bye Toni

Touchwood
3rd December 2006, 11:30 PM
OK, so the 4 pieces of wood that arrived in masking tape are the pen swap ones correct? Yes I'm blonde, but have also got 4 pieces of something else coming from you too.

If the above is correct I am so pleased, I was certain that I had 3 or 4 different types of wood (migraine tablets and logical thoughts don't often mix).

As to varieties, that will take those much wiser than I.

JD:D

tashammer
4th December 2006, 10:46 AM
...(migraine tablets and logical thoughts don't often mix).JD:D

Commiserations. Do you get colours, smells, hallucinations, throwing up, as well as pain? I haven't had one for quite a while - i shouldn't either with the pills i take. Poor you. May you have plenty of darkness, silence, and coolness.

Thomas

BernieP
4th December 2006, 04:24 PM
G'Day Soundman

Received the blanks today, thanks a lot no idea what type of (although the one with fiddleback looks a little like silky oak?). The keeper of who sends what had better put me down for one moth next year to post out.

Cheers
Bernie

soundman
5th December 2006, 12:34 AM
Yep jenny if you have four diferent pieces of wood they are the pen swap.
Four pieces the same surian batu.

Every body got at least two types of oak one is a real oak ( but not one you would expect), one isn't a real oak.

some of you got pink bits (of wood) niel might know what they are... they came from his front yard.

cheers

Touchwood
5th December 2006, 12:54 AM
Do you get colours, smells, hallucinations, throwing up, as well as pain?

I get the head splitter headache - head exploding feeling, blurry vision and nausea - if I get on top of it quick enough I can usually manage it for the 3 or 4 days with lots of my La La tablets - La La 'cause I'm in La La land ofter I take them!!! Very mellow - think my classes like me better then!!:eek: :eek:

As to woods, I would have guessed a sheoak or relative and maybe beech wood.

JD

Fireman sam
5th December 2006, 09:27 PM
Hi sound man
my blanks arrive yesterday :cool: :cool:
Andrew

soundman
5th December 2006, 10:21 PM
thats interesting i posted them all together.

cheers

Joash
5th December 2006, 11:38 PM
I should have remembered, I was'nt going to participate. I got 4 funny looking blanks in the mail, and some smudged reply address:eek::D Anyway I'll see what I can do......

BTW, one of the blanks is split end to end, can't see what I'll be doing with that one.....

Joash

Terry B
6th December 2006, 11:08 AM
Mine arrived yesterday. Thank you.
Not sure what they are.
I won't attack them till after Xmas as I am going on hols on Friday. HOORAH

soundman
6th December 2006, 11:31 PM
Which one was split:eek: ?

Anyway you cluld glue it together, or saw it up the middle and slip a little something in then glue it up.

Any way you only need two.

cheers

soundman
7th December 2006, 08:43 PM
Ok enough suspense.

eveybody got 4 blanks.

eveybody got
a piece of black sheoak.... I grew it my self..... well it died & I cut it down.:D
a piece of japaneese oak from exadors wood pile... plenty more where that come from if anybody is interested call exador. nice thick slabs of the stuff.
and a piece of kwila.

now the mix up.
some got a piece of pink eucalipt from neils scrap pile.. possibly flooded gum but who knows.
some got a piece of spalted curly english elm.
and some got a piece of red iron bark from a log that laid round here for over 20 years till I cut it up.

cheers

BernieP
7th December 2006, 09:51 PM
G'Day Soundman

Didn't want to be first to ask, so thanks for finally putting me out of agony. Now hope I can do justice to them.

Cheers
Bernie

Skew ChiDAMN!!
7th December 2006, 11:59 PM
Spalted Curly English Elm?

Whatever you call it, I hope I can find more! :D

Joash
8th December 2006, 12:06 AM
Which one was split:eek: ?

Anyway you cluld glue it together, or saw it up the middle and slip a little something in then glue it up.

Any way you only need two.

cheers
Can't tell which from which, but this one was split sort of diagonally, through the middle, down the side, etc:

No probs,

SMC Joash