PDA

View Full Version : Myford 7 Lathe for sale

Shedhand
18th November 2006, 04:58 PM
In today's Hobart (Tasmania) Mercury there is A MYFORD 7 Lathe for sale plus accessories. Doesn't say the price. the phone number is 0362 280 131.

USUAL DISCLAIMER: No relationship at all with the seller.

Cheers

Slow6
18th November 2006, 05:29 PM
old metal lathe.. very nice but fiddly and expensive, I think they're more of a collecters thing now days.

not that I wouldn't want one :drool:

Shedhand
18th November 2006, 11:39 PM
Shows you my depth of woodturning knowledge. Had no idea it was a metal work lathe <shrugs> :o

snowyskiesau
19th November 2006, 12:55 AM
Although not made for over 20 years, the ML7 is a quality lathe and much sought after as a working machine.
I would love to be able to afford a Myford of any age!

leslie_dobbin
11th August 2015, 05:31 AM
I have just got one this last couple of weeks, for retirement, plan to get vfd, so speeds will go from1to whatever but only draw back there is myford ml 7 has bronze bushes lined with babbit metal so speed should only go 600revs Max( and only for a short time or bushes could melt,ie babbitmetal) wish me luck!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

leslie_dobbin
11th August 2015, 05:32 AM
Forgot to say ml super seven has better bushes!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

wheelinround
11th August 2015, 11:50 AM
Mean while the new Myford (http://www.myford.co.uk/acatalog/More_Pictures_of_Brand_New_Lathe.html) being manufactured is worth a look nice price landed here just wish I had the $$$$ and the room.

Off to play with MY Myford ML7.

Be nice to know how much the one for sale is and see some pics.

Big Shed
11th August 2015, 11:58 AM
The OP is dated 2006, so I doubt it is still for sale, don't know what it was doing Wood turning anyway, but there you go.

Amazing how some threads are dragged kicking and screaming in to the present (and perhaps would have been better left in peace).