PDA

View Full Version : Found A good timber seller

SawDustSniffer
19th November 2006, 03:14 PM
Kapi Minerals /Gondwana Forest Products in Tasmaina has some nice timber for sale , www.aussieburls.com (http://www.aussieburls.com)
ive purchased
30kg Figured Myrtle
22kg Blackheart Sassafras
32kg Eucalypt resin burl
164kg Eucalyptus Marginta burl
17kg Myrtle Burl
273kg Mixed Rainforest Burl

on the way up from tasmaina now
Good comunication and very quick reply's to email's (uses a blackberry)
i posted this because i was so satisfiyed with the exchange , he's A1

NO RELATION TO ME < FOUND OUT ABOUT THEM FROM AN ADD IN THE "AUSTRALIAN WOOD REVIEW " MAGAZINE

Eddie Jones
19th November 2006, 04:02 PM
Make a lot of biros out of that lot.

Babylon5
19th November 2006, 04:19 PM
32kg Eucalypt resin burl
164kg Eucalyptus Marginta burl
17kg Myrtle Burl
273kg Mixed Rainforest Burl

Gee does someone have a Burl fetish? :eek:

hughie
19th November 2006, 04:25 PM
Kapi Minerals /Gondwana Forest Products in Tasmaina has some nice timber for sale , www.aussieburls.com (http://www.aussieburls.com/)
"

By the look of it you pick up a cubic metre, well done. I agree having dealt with Shane previously and found him and his products excellent.

rsser
19th November 2006, 06:18 PM
Nice stuff.

All green?

If not (or even if), just take care with checking cos your EMC will be a tad lower than Tassie's.

SawDustSniffer
19th November 2006, 07:00 PM
BIRO's , biro's are for off cutts , might try a biro one day

Burl fettish , well there hard to find in national parks and the ranger will hear my chain saw :mad: , not many ( havent found one ) decent timber supplyers in Darwin , all thay have is Jarra , Tazi oak , Murbow , Meranti and Pine all in thin lengths

yes thay are green , have a 2x glass door coke fridge i use for a drying cabinet , with 80% humidity in the wet you need one

yes it is a cubic meter , started with 2x of each of the 1st 3 pics and asked if he had mixed lots , he droped the price of all the timber i selected as he could decide what made up the cubic meter
i wont state the Kg price i payed , ie supply and demand changes cost's in all companys

Plan on hording the best burls and selling the rest on