PDA

View Full Version : Request for new video - Domino

Gumby
18th September 2006, 08:14 PM
Why can't some of you guys with a Domino gives us a bit of a short demo. I'm intrigued and would love to have a squizz.

Also, wha happened to the sharpening vid by our Qld cousins ? They had a camera, took the shots but nothing more has happened. C'mon guys, where is it?

Stuart
20th November 2006, 05:23 PM
Post lifted from the original thread http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/smilies/smile.gif

Rocker
20th November 2006, 05:42 PM
Gumby,

I now have both a Domino and a camcorder, but I am totally incompetent at dealing with the recorded images. It will take me several weeks or months to get the hang of uploading and editing. But you can see a brief video at the Ideal Tools site: http://www.idealtools.com.au/category3919_1.htm .

Rocker

Wood Butcher
20th November 2006, 05:55 PM
Rocker,
If you can do up a video, Stuart has offered to edit and upload it on your behalf. Have a read here:-
Assistance with producing new videos (http://woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/showthread.php?t=40969)

Clinton1
20th November 2006, 06:26 PM
Gumby,
The video on sharpening is in the mail... it just took a long, long time to get organised after my move back to Vic. :o

Gumby
20th November 2006, 09:29 PM
cool :)

Rocker
22nd November 2006, 01:20 PM
Perhaps I should have kept my big mouth shut - I really don't feel that I could produce a worthwhile video anytime soon. I think a better option would be for an experienced video cameraman to visit Lignum's or Flowboy's workshop. Or maybe Festool has some professionally-made footage that they could make available.

Rocker

Gumby
22nd November 2006, 01:30 PM
Perhaps I should have kept my big mouth shut - I really don't feel that I could produce a worthwhile video anytime soon. I think a better option would be for an experienced video cameraman to visit Lignum's or Flowboy's workshop. Or maybe Festool has some professionally-made footage that they could make available.

Rocker

Don't think about it too hard mate. Just look at mine and you'll see that the bar isn't very high. ;)

It's better that they are home produced, warts and all. As Stuart said, start rolling the camera and if you want to do something twice, just say so and then go ahead. I've done that a couple of times and chopped out many minutes of videos. I'm waiting to make our 'Bloopers Xmas Video'. :D

Have a go, shoot whatever you like and send it to me. I'll happily go through it, edit, chop and splice. Prominse I won't show the bloopers. :)

Stuart
22nd November 2006, 10:19 PM
Prominse I won't show the bloopers. :)That's what I said to ;) :D

BTW - Clinton - your DVD arrived in the mail today :cool:
Will get onto it tonight, and will probably have it up and running by either late tonight, or at worse tomorrow night
:cool::D:):):D:cool:

Rocker
23rd November 2006, 06:16 AM
Gumby,

I am still waiting to get an external microphone for my camera; but I shall be getting a new stock of jarrah today to fulfil an order for a TV stand. I shall be making that with Domino joinery, so I will put the camcorder on its tripod and try to take some footage, when the microphone arrives.

Rocker

Stuart
23rd November 2006, 08:24 AM
If you can't capture sound with the video, try this - shoot the video anyway, then while watching it playing back, record sound to your computer. Send us both files and we'll put it all together, with a music track to disguise any gaps needed to resync the two.

If you need a program for recording sound on the computer, www.audacity.com is an excellent, free program for sound recording and editing.

Many commercial videos are made similar techniques to this - as much because you get superior sound quality on the voice-over.