PDA

View Full Version : the ashes

thefixer
25th November 2006, 01:20 PM
Somebody had to do it. Made from regum, the urn took about 1 hour to turn up and the handles took about 2 hours. Couldn't get em to look right and when I finally did get them right I bloody broke one and had to start again. Anyway "Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi OI OI ":D

Cheers
Shorty

martrix
25th November 2006, 01:26 PM
ripper!
But have you had a ceremony and put some real ashes in it?

SawDustSniffer
25th November 2006, 04:33 PM
yes ive 1/2 made one as well , but stuff up the mesurments , i made the ern 100mm X 40 mm wide , scaled of a picture on tv , then found out its 100mm inculding the bace ( woops too big )

also couldn't get a decent photo of the lables , what do thay say ??/

most of ozz was toured by the urn , but darwin missed out , again

Speanwoody
25th November 2006, 09:42 PM
Hanfg on your copies lads, you need to present them to the english team

soundman
26th November 2006, 12:02 AM
There has to be a propper drawing somewhere. I was thinking about having a go too shmbo is a cricket tragic:confused: .... I still don't understand how it takes 5 days...... 5 days.

cheers

thefixer
26th November 2006, 01:04 AM
G'day cricket fans

Here is a photo I found to use as my model to copy from and the poem the that is inscripted on the front of the "holy grail" of cricket.

When Ivo goes back with the urn, the urn;
Studds, Steel, Read and Tylecote return, return;
The welkin will ring loud,
The great crowd will feel proud,
Seeing Barlow and Bates with the urn, the urn;
And the rest coming home with the urn.

Yeah, I know it doesn't make any sense to me either but that is the actual wording of the poem on the urn. And they were written by a lady who was smitten by the captain of the pommy cricket team in 1882.
BTW the urn is 4 inches high excluding the stand.

bikerboy
26th November 2006, 07:31 AM
well if the only way you ow boys can get to keep the ashes trophy is to turn one, well thats the way to go:D ..good luck orl'on'ya:D I'll get me coat now and shut the door on my way out:D http://wirelessdigest.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/ashes.jpg

SawDustSniffer
26th November 2006, 07:53 AM
thanks for the poem ,
so it is the right size , cool , is the original base made out of creamic ?

I was gonna mount it "fallen over with ashes coming out" , and give it to the pub for display ( local has all sorts of things mounted on the walls)

Jackson
26th November 2006, 01:28 PM
well if the only way you ow boys can get to keep the ashes trophy is to turn one, well thats the way to go:D ..good luck orl'on'ya:D I'll get me coat now and shut the door on my way out:D []http://wirelessdigest.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/ashes.jpg[/IMG]

Big call Bikerboy! As I write this it is lunch on day four of the first test. England is 2 for 43 and still 604 in arrears. But good luck ayway....

HoutBok
26th November 2006, 05:14 PM
I know it's early days yet, and the poms have recovered quite well, but I really can't see why you blokes need to make copies.
Looking at current form the urn ain't going back across the water for a while.
'Spose you could always sell them to the barmy army so they've got something to hold onto while they cry into their warm beer on the flight back home.

bikerboy
26th November 2006, 08:08 PM
Big call Bikerboy! As I write this it is lunch on day four of the first test. England is 2 for 43 and still 604 in arrears. But good luck ayway....

OK,ok, I have been looking at the news,what might help is if england had bigger bats and smaller balls?????????
happy turnings all of you,and stay lucky....