PDA

View Full Version : sold

thefixer
28th November 2006, 10:05 PM
Well, knock me down with a feather. Only been turning for a couple of months now and was offered payment by a bloke at work after he saw my ashes urn on the forum. (refer previous post) And in keeping with the much publicised theory that once you start doing it for money it becomes a chore and not a pleasure I said "yep, no worries, that'll be one standard unit of Aussie currency; i.e A slab of VB. My theory is that if I earn money the swmbo will no doubt take a bit wet bite out of it :mad: but if I earn a couple dozen cold ones I get to keep it all:p coz she hates beer.Looks like a good weekend coming up for thefixer:D

keith53
28th November 2006, 10:14 PM
Well, knock me down with a feather. Only been turning for a couple of months now and was offered payment by a bloke at work after he saw my ashes urn on the forum. (refer previous post) And in keeping with the much publicised theory that once you start doing it for money it becomes a chore and not a pleasure I said "yep, no worries, that'll be one standard unit of Aussie currency; i.e A slab of VB. My theory is that if I earn money the swmbo will no doubt take a bit wet bite out of it :mad: but if I earn a couple dozen cold ones I get to keep it all:p coz she hates beer.Looks like a good weekend coming up for thefixer:D

Not a bad plan but remember, stuff one up now and again. If you end up too good at it, you'll be an alcoholic. :D

thefixer
28th November 2006, 10:23 PM
Way ahead of you there Kieth. Already had plenty stuff ups and swmbo thinks I drink too much:rolleyes: Thats a tick in every box.:D

SawDustSniffer
28th November 2006, 10:37 PM
LOL i think there is gonna be so many ASHES erns around Australia ,that if the original do's go missing thay will end up with 100ds of reports from all over
" 000 the Fixer had it , soldit for a carton of vb i heard "

chucked some pic's of my ern under my feathers post ( not finnished )
thanks again for that poem and confermation that it was 100mm + base
chears