PDA

View Full Version : A Big Lathe

BernieP
11th December 2006, 09:09 PM
G'Day All

Thought you may be interested in this thread I stumbled on http://www.stuartking.co.uk/articles/leonardo.htm

Cheers
Bernie

Gra
11th December 2006, 09:17 PM
come on , in your best Hoges impression, thats not a big lathe....:D:D

Cool thread

RETIRED
12th December 2006, 08:08 AM
Whether Leonardo actually designed this treadle lathe or whether he just sketched what was already in existence will always be a matter of debate, but one thing is for certain, without it there would not have been, could not have been an industrial revolution! This lathe is the first machine tool, the father of all others that went on to produce ever increasingly complex machines leading to the industrial age we live in today!Sheee. Now we are being blamed for starting the Industrial Revolution. :rolleyes: ;) :D

Iain
12th December 2006, 08:15 AM
I could just see in 'that' hat:D :D :D

tashammer
12th December 2006, 10:21 AM
did you notice that his lips don't fit together?

Gra
13th December 2006, 08:41 AM
Sheee. Now we are being blamed for starting the Industrial Revolution. :rolleyes: ;) :D

What you don't remember :D:D:D

(He runs and ducks for cover....)

Mr Unknown
13th December 2006, 11:55 AM
this guy ever heard of electricity

hughie
14th December 2006, 12:35 AM
Sheee. Now we are being blamed for starting the Industrial Revolution. :rolleyes:

Nah! it was them Eyetalians :D :D :D

soundman
14th December 2006, 03:07 PM
All right then..... who is gona be the first to post a pic of one just like it that they built?:D :D

cheers

BernieP
14th December 2006, 05:39 PM
G'Day Soundman

Don't say I said so but woudn't be surprised if Skew has one in that shed of his !

Cheers
Bernie

SawDustSniffer
14th December 2006, 07:41 PM
All right then..... who is gona be the first to post a pic of one just like it that they built?:D :D

cheers
oh no it will proberly be made in miniture and photographed next to a watch battery ( little button one )
skew posted a pedeal powered one 2 weeks ago , but it was made of steel