PDA

View Full Version : the Festool that ate my finger

Shedhand
20th December 2006, 09:39 AM
:(WARNING: NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED

Lovely Festool drill, init.

Lovely SHARP 1/2" bit, init.

Look closer..see those slimy lookin' red and white bits?

They are the flesh, blood and muscle of my plumbers right index finger.

I finally got a Plumber/ Gasfitter to come and connect my new gas hob in the kitchen. 5 minutes into the job he was passed out on the grass outside having drilled his finger, sprayed blood all over my nice new carcasses and oak floor.

What a god awful mess. I dug out the 1st Aid kit and covered it all up. When he came to he was as white as..I really thought he'd had a heart attack..after a little rest he drove off to the hospital....I'm bloody jinxed...:(

Honorary Bloke
20th December 2006, 09:42 AM
I never thought of a C-12 as a weapon of mass destruction before. :eek: How in the B****y He11 did he do that? :confused:

bennylaird
20th December 2006, 09:44 AM
Addemdem to previous note to self:

Don't even work in the same town as Sheddie:D :D :D

jmk89
20th December 2006, 09:44 AM
WARNING: NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED

Lovely Festool drill, init.

Lovely SHARP 1/2" bit, init.

Look closer..see those slimy lookin' red and white bits?

They are the flesh, blood and muscle of my plumbers right index finger.

I finally got a Plumber/ Gasfitter to come and connect my new gas hob in the kitchen. 5 minutes into the job he was passed out on the grass outside having drilled his finger, sprayed blood all over my nice new carcasses and oak floor.

What a god awful mess. I dug out the 1st Aid kit and covered it all up. When he came too he was as white as..I really thought he'd had a heart attack..after a little rest he drove off to the hospital....I'm bloody jinxed...
Aren't you glad you got a pro to do that - imagine the mess if you'd tried to do it yourself!!!
I mean who would have been able to clean up and make sure that the oak floor wasn't marked for life???

Seriously - another story to indicate that this is a dangerous hobby/pasttime and we are all one slip away from amputation (now there's a thought - what if I were to turn on the jointer and take the gouty big toe off with it - couldn't hurt more than the blanking gout!!!)

Shedhand
20th December 2006, 09:59 AM
I never thought of a C-12 as a weapon of mass destruction before. :eek: How in the B****y He11 did he do that? :confused:G'day Bob, he was drilling a hole through the melamine carcase and had his finger underneath to give some thrust support. the drill bit cut through and his finger was wedged between the still spinning bit and the side of the carcase. Its weird but as he started I was thinking, "a plumber with good woody tools ( he also had a very nice Pro Tool jigsaw) - - he's gonna hurt himself.... " :o

Shedhand
20th December 2006, 10:00 AM
Addemdem to previous note to self:

Don't even work in the same town as Sheddie:D :D :DSheddie the Dangerman...comin' to a town near you..be afraid, be VERY afraid..... :eek:

Shedhand
20th December 2006, 01:45 PM
Plumbers back on the job....20, yep, 20 stitches...between the first and second knuckle. drill marks on the bone his doctor said.... :eek:

TEEJAY
20th December 2006, 02:05 PM
Plumbers back on the job....20, yep, 20 stitches...between the first and second knuckle. drill marks on the bone his doctor said.... :eek:

Mate he only came back to pick up his tools and your get the poor cripple straight back onto the job :eek: :p

Skew ChiDAMN!!
20th December 2006, 02:11 PM
Mate he only came back to pick up his tools and your get the poor cripple straight back onto the job :eek: :p

Can't blame Sheddy, more likely the poor plumber is trying to meet the payments on his nice new Festool...

Shedhand
20th December 2006, 03:00 PM
Can't blame Sheddy, more likely the poor plumber is trying to meet the payments on his nice new Festool...He just finished the job. Asked him for the bill. Said he'd post it to me. I reckon he's gonna try and figure a way to build the medical expenses in.. :D:( ... and here I was chasing him up the driveway...MATE MATE..you forgot your Festool Drill. Blurry Iriot I am.... I even cleaned the blood and gore off the drill bit for him.

soundman
9th January 2007, 10:57 PM
OH NO:oo: the horror show continues:o

dirtydeeds
29th January 2007, 09:11 AM
festool drills ARE OFFICIALLY DESIGNATED a weapon of mass finger destruction. i got the same result

quantity of flesh on drill bit = missing flesh on finger

i came round, lying on the floor cos ive passed out, there's blood on the carpet, my blood

its ONLY blood on the carpet of a flat in knightsbridge, london, 200 metres from harrods

the flat cost 6.5 million (australian dollars) :no: before renovation

Doughboy
29th January 2007, 09:25 AM
It seems in the Smith family shed if you are not bleeding you are not working hard enough.

I remember my old man coming home everyday with a hanky in his pocket soaked in blood. It was always something like

'caught on the barbed wire' or 'mongrel apprentice last time he uses the chainsaw' yep there was always a reason ...... and yes often it was 'oh, I am such a doodle brain'

I sometimes need to quantify the amount of blood on the outside of my body to the wife but not too often!

Pete

Justin
29th January 2007, 07:23 PM
As they'd say on Monty Python, it's just a flesh wound......

http://www.iksv.org/film/i/2006/f/150/monty%20python%20and%20the%20holy%20grail.jpg

keju
29th January 2007, 09:20 PM
You guys just reminded me why I leave the big jobs and tools to Ken....
I'll stick with the scroll saw ( safe - unless you leave it on talking to people and pointing at something...... but at least it doesn't eat fingers, just gives them a little wake up call)

Juvy

Shedhand
22nd June 2007, 02:13 AM
Post Script to the C12 that ate my plumbers finger. 3 months after the job I finally get a bill for the job. I was right...just over 600 bucks for a $320 job. We settled out of court at 400 bucks. Last time I'll waste my first aid supplies on a tradie. :((