PDA

View Full Version : Boiled Eggs

BernieP
24th December 2006, 09:41 PM
G'Day All

Following my usual idea of something different to turn, thought it would be a good opportunity to throw a hint for some boiled eggs (which I haven't had for a long time). Must add this is only a proto-type.

Merry Christmas to all and Seasons Greetings to those who prefer that phrase and a special thanks to all who have helped with their suggestions and assistance.

Cheers
Bernie

Touchwood
24th December 2006, 10:39 PM
Nice work ... IMHO the base may need to be a tad bigger to counterbalance the weight of the cackleberry (egg), especially when you deliver the cracking blow to take it's top off

....mmmmmm think I know what I might have for tea ...and seeing that it is 20 to 9 pm (@#$%^& daylight saving) better get cracking!!! no pun intended. :) :)

JD

tashammer
24th December 2006, 10:49 PM
it is a very cute prototype too! i luv it.

TTIT
25th December 2006, 12:14 AM
Good idea Bernie. I reckon Touchwood's right about the base but if it's only a prototype you can easy fix it on the next one - unless it's like most of my prototypes, some of which are still in daily use 12 years later! :o

BernieP
26th December 2006, 01:45 PM
G'Day All

Thanks for comments I agree now you mention it base on next one will be bigger and that will allow me to make bases of cups bigger.

Cheers
Bernie

DJ’s Timber
26th December 2006, 01:59 PM
Maybe also consider making the knob on the handle a bit bigger and maybe a little taller

Wayne Blanch
26th December 2006, 03:19 PM
:brava I think it is a great design and I agree that if the base was bigger it would be more stable. Another reason to make the base bigger is that at the moment you don't have any room to fit those all important "Soldiers" of cut toast for dipping into the runny yolk:H

Touchwood
28th December 2006, 12:23 AM
Thanks for comments I agree now you mention it base on next one will be bigger and that will allow me to make bases of cups bigger.

Sorry, I actually meant the egg cup base - a bit vague wasn't I:p

all important "Soldiers" of cut toast for dipping into the runny yolk

Yes, who could forget the soldiers!!!

I actually have a egg holder made from silver - was my grandmothers - and it has a space next to each egg that is indented for the second egg for each of the 4 people! Another thought!

JD

tashammer
28th December 2006, 12:34 AM
lets make life really difficult. How about turning the eggs so that there is a thin outer shell of light wood, then the "white", then the yolk - yellow wood, and the thing comes apart with a zig zag crack - if you put the crack more than half way up the shell then that will make it easier.

BernieP
28th December 2006, 03:39 PM
G'Day Again

That's what I like about this forum, I now have a whole lot of new ideas to put into original design, only thing is not sure about yours tashammer !

Cheers
Bernie