PDA

View Full Version : Joash's recent turnings

Joash
5th January 2007, 09:29 PM
Here is some of my latest....

All 3 pieces are sanded to 1500G, and finished with Shellawax cream.

The two HF's are quite big, around 12"x6" The box is 12"x3"

The last picture is of projects I am working on.

The two HF's are Rippled Jarrah, and the box comprises of Rippled Jarrah...the base, and the lid, the body is Queensland maple, and the finial is Lace Sheoak.

The first piece may be entered into the "Turning to the future" International woodturning competition, held by the AAW, I am yet to decide.

The third and fifth photo show a piece that was designed by my friend....see below:aro-d: :2tsup:

All comments welcome.

Joash

Doughboy
5th January 2007, 09:32 PM
Nice collection there. Well done young'n.

Pete

echnidna
5th January 2007, 09:33 PM
As always, nice work Joash

Clinton1
5th January 2007, 09:36 PM
Of them all, I like the first one a lot. It would make a great 'ikebana' (japanese flower arrangement) display piece... perhaps a flower shop would be interested?
Well done.

Joash
5th January 2007, 09:42 PM
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, all these finished pieces, have been finished down to an even heart-stopping thickness of 2-3mm.

I like the first one, as it is a very nice finish, but I like the third one, because that one was "special";)

Joash

lubbing5cherubs
5th January 2007, 10:24 PM
Joash you finally got some time out of the books. been wondering where you been. I like those bowls. Very nice
Toni

dai sensei
5th January 2007, 10:42 PM
Well done Joash, some nice looking forms there. Good luck with the comp

Dannii
5th January 2007, 10:49 PM
I love them all Joash!!!:; I love the work you do! It always looks so awesome!!!!
Cheers, Danita:)

Joash
5th January 2007, 11:01 PM
Hey, thanks for all the comments:)

The third bowl, was designed by Dannii, the user in the post above:) All design credits to her please:)

Thanks Danita

Joash

lubbing5cherubs
6th January 2007, 12:54 AM
Very nice Danii.

So joash is that romance or your sister?:B :q
Toni

Joash
6th January 2007, 12:56 AM
lol!!:D ummmmmm....No, she is not my sister....so.....
:B:B;):D

Joash

lubbing5cherubs
6th January 2007, 01:17 AM
:2tsup: :D good on you. Joash
Toni

Gil Jones
6th January 2007, 06:49 AM
Very nice work, Joash.
Keep up the fine turnings.

Joash
6th January 2007, 08:33 AM
Thanks for your comments everyone

Simomatra
6th January 2007, 09:57 AM
Very impressive Joash

You have a great future in turning

Stuart
6th January 2007, 10:21 AM
That's some damned fine work there Joash- if you get the chance you really should shoot some videos for our forum so some of us less skilled ones have a chance to learn a little from you! I'd certainly like to have a fraction of the skills you obviously have, and are demonstrated here.

Nice designs btw - credit to the designer(s) ;)

Little Festo
6th January 2007, 11:29 AM
Great work Joash. Really good to see one so young already puting out such great work. keep the work flowing - and the photos too!! Peter

hughie
6th January 2007, 01:13 PM
Joash,

Fine effort and a great collection of your turned works. I agree with the third being the best, my choice as well. I like the edge and decoration to it.

My friend if you put your mind to it you could easily have a future in turning. There is strong interest over seas and a rising one here in turned works and your the right age to capitalise on this. :2tsup:

Joash
6th January 2007, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the compliments, they are much appreciated.

Yes, the favourite one of mine, is the Semi HF in the third and fifth photo. I spent over 7 hours on it, to get it just right, and the finish I took a long time, because now there are no sanding marks, and it has a beautifull finish......Love it!! Great design too BTW;)

Thanks,

Joash

Boxinator
7th January 2007, 01:39 PM
Great bunch of turnings Joash!

Corey

Joash
8th January 2007, 09:58 AM
Thanks Corey:)

ss_11000
10th January 2007, 01:41 PM
wat they sed.