PDA

View Full Version : Plans and stuff

sinjin
8th February 2007, 01:06 PM
I'm sure many would know this site but i thought i would attch it incase a few don't.

http://www.selway-fisher.com/BoatBuilder.htm

I'm actually looking for the plans for glass mahogony skylights that you see on old sailing vessels. If anyone has pics or plans that would be great

Boatmik
9th February 2007, 02:25 AM
Wooden boat had some articles some years ago.

I think they have an online catalogue somewhere at
http://www.woodenboat.com

Also I think that one of either Sam Rabl or Bud Macintosh's books might have something.

DINGO - or someone else might know

onthebeachalone
13th February 2007, 05:04 PM
I'm actually looking for the plans for glass mahogony skylights that you see on old sailing vessels. If anyone has pics or plans that would be great
I had a browse through Chapelle and found the attached, which may help.

Wild Dingo
14th February 2007, 02:35 AM
aahh yes indeed Mik is right yet again... it is indeed Bud McIntosh "How to build a woodenboat" available from woodenboat.com ISBN 0-937822-10-8 Page 184 under chapter 16 "Hatches and other joinery" Figure 16 - 4 "Durade type skylight" Clearly described and shown

As with everything in Buds book it is clear concise and well laid out with clear drawings to show the how of things... an absolute must of a book :2tsup:

Cheers! :2tsup: and no worries Mik glad to help :; Good luck sinjin mate :2tsup:

And mate? if need be can scan and email that to you just ask away and I will try to get it done tomorrow sometime

sinjin
14th February 2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the help everyone. I'll be sure to check out the books you have mentioned.

Boatmik
15th February 2007, 12:29 PM
aahh yes indeed Mik is right yet again... it is indeed Bud McIntosh "How to build a woodenboat" available from woodenboat.com ISBN 0-937822-10-8 Page 184 under chapter 16 "Hatches and other joinery" Figure 16 - 4 "Durade type skylight" Clearly described and shown
Cheers! :2tsup: and no worries Mik glad to help :; Good luck sinjin mate :2tsup:

Cheers Uncivilsed Doggie

MIK