PDA

View Full Version : Finale--cindy Drozda in particular

lubbing5cherubs
11th February 2007, 05:19 PM
Hi Everybody,
I am wondering those fine finales she does are they done in a chuck or between spurs? I love her work and TITT. Both there work one day I hope I am as good as theirs.
thanks
Toni

Jim Carroll
11th February 2007, 05:46 PM
She does here with a chuck.

lubbing5cherubs
11th February 2007, 08:30 PM
thanks Jim
Toni

rodent
17th February 2007, 12:44 PM
Otder the pin jaws from jim Toni they give you a bit more clearance from the chuck ,but check with jim I think the 25 mm jaws have a slightly smaller inside diameter by my wavey mem its 6mm for the 25s and 8mm for the pin jaws.

Wood Butcher
17th February 2007, 12:49 PM
Hate to be a spelling nazi but I think it's spelt finial. Not trying to offend but it's the second time this week someone talked about it and spelt it wrong and its does confuse a few people (including me).

tashammer
18th February 2007, 03:44 PM
yef, i fought it was the laft show. (They used to use f instead of s once upon a time) I had just been reading the thread about the presence of the WoodWorking Channel with Cindy thingy and a bloke and the next thread i saw Cindy shows were finishing. Eek, i thought but i have only just noticed them and then they were gone. Me poor old ticker fair thumped like dropping a piece of liver in a dish it did.

lubbing5cherubs
18th February 2007, 07:22 PM
sorry Tas, that not cool when that happens
bye Toni

Skew ChiDAMN!!
18th February 2007, 07:48 PM
Our local woodturning club put on a demo as part of the Maroondah Festival today, mainly just turning spinning tops to give to the kids... until the heat drove 'em away, when we could get a bit more creative and do quicky mushrooms, eggcups and the like for the adults who didn't have the sense to get out of the sun. :rolleyes:

Soren (from these forums) dropped in and asked me, tongue in cheek, whether I'd make a small finialled box... so I did. :D Unfortunately, he'd left by the time I finished but some japanese on-lookers were fascinated, so that's what I did for the rest of the arvo; turning small finialled boxes to give to 'em. We were only using Pine, Oregon and KDHW (not gonna use our good stuff for giveaways!) but they were absolutely rapt when I'd give 'em one they'd watched me turn in about 10 mins. Obviously these were not high quality pieces... :- but still as good a bit of memorabilia as any other cheap trinket.

Of course, being such rubbish woods meant that some came to untimely ends during turning; they really were "finial finales." :p ([groan] I'm almost sorry I typed that...)

tashammer
18th February 2007, 08:37 PM
Skew
What a lovely thing to do, so thoughtful. How do i send a greeny to you because you deserve it for thos kind gestures.?

jaspr
18th February 2007, 08:40 PM
click on the scales under his name in the lefthand panel of his post